• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voluntary gun inspections by police

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What bugs me the most is that the police are completely wasting time....

There are only 2 possible scenarios:

A) The shooter has a registered firearm, and the police sent him/her a letter.

B) The shooter is not registered, and the police did not send him/her a letter.

If (A) is the case, then obviously the shooter disposes of the weapon somewhere far away, and either replaces the weapon, says has sold the weapon, etc.

If (B) is the case, then the police are just wasting valuable time checking on the registered owners. Also, this is the most likely scenario, as people who take the time to go register their firearms with the police are usually not the type to take to shooting 11 and 13 year old kids.

AZkopper

imported post

Ok, Ok, Ok.....I shot from the hip and was unfair to the inhabitants of Oklahoma.

I"m sorry, I apologize, and I've edited my post.

Orygunner

imported post

Phoenixphire wrote:
What bugs me the most is that the police are completely wasting time....

There are only 2 possible scenarios:

A) The shooter has a registered firearm, and the police sent him/her a letter.

B) The shooter is not registered, and the police did not send him/her a letter.

If (A) is the case, then obviously the shooter disposes of the weapon somewhere far away, and either replaces the weapon, says has sold the weapon, etc.

If (B) is the case, then the police are just wasting valuable time checking on the registered owners. Also, this is the most likely scenario, as people who take the time to go register their firearms with the police are usually not the type to take to shooting 11 and 13 year old kids.

You missed a scenario:

C) The gun itself snuck out and went on a murderous rampage, then snuck back in and put itself away.

That's the only chance the police have of solving the crime with this method.

...Eliminate the impossible, and whatever is left, however improbable, must be the answer!...
...Orygunner...

Edit: Corrected for clarity.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"They can have any number of reasons" for not volunteering, Brown said. "They could be against it, they could be anti-government, or they eventually may want to help."

Because the test firing of the weapons is voluntary, Brown said there isn't any constitutional violations involved.

I just love their views on someone that does not comply with their request...
they must be anit govt/leo or they will cave!

jbone

imported post

I would have had only two choices; Treat it as all the other junk mail and shit can it, or send it back with a nasty gram.