• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Minneapolis/St Paul Open Carry Diary

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I am only here on the weekends but I have been open carrying and thought it would be a useful for others to catalog where I have open carried and any reactions:

Target on Robert St in West St Paul
Walmart on Robert St in West St Paul
Cub Foods on Robert St in West St Paul
Noodles & Company on Robert St in West St Paul (a LOT because I love their food)
Macy's at Mall of America (I know that MOA bans guns but the Macy's entrance didn't and they were more than willing to let me spend a few hundred on shirts and ties)
Office Max in Eagan
Barnes & Noble on Hamline Ave in St Paul
WalMart on Hamline Ave in St Paul

Actually, I have had amazingly few reactions. In Target the other night, one of the other customers (an hispanic man) asked me if it was a real gun and was amazed when I told him it was. And the greeter at WalMart looked at me funny as I was leaving once but otherwise, no one has said a thing.

The manager at Office Max helped me find everything to furnish my local office and she noticed the gun early in my time there but didn't say a thing.

HIlborne

imported post

I found this to be an interesting post. Welcome to Minnesota, and I see by your bio you might just be hanging around for a while. Every once in awhile I check out your website and find it interesting, but disappointing that there aren't many post from Minnesota. Also interesting is that you live in the Bristol area, my brother and his family live in Abingdon and I'm familiar with the area and have been in Bristol several times.

If your in town this weekend and looking for something to do, this is the big weekend for Alhmans. http://www.ahlmans.com/You won't find another gun shop/range like it anywhere, and the Shooters Roundup draws a big crowd. Would be a good place to set up a booth and promote your website.

Andy

smithman

imported post

OCed around my brother's apartment complex in Roseville. OCed at Nicolet Mall, central Minneapolis and at a Target in North St. Paul. Had only a few people notice as they were mostly distracted by finding their store items...though no strange looks. OCed at a Subway near Target on my way out of town.

Tiger

imported post

I OC everywhere permitted by law. Very few reactions except by some LEO's (NOT ALL) and kids that think its cool. Most adults are intelligent enough to realize the local thug doesn't carry open and inplain sight with his daughter and a grocery cart! We can't let a little hassle and an occasional uncomfortable run in with police to deter us. Be safe, Be courteous and never be a STATISTIC!

djstaehlin

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tiger wrote:
I OC everywhere permitted by law. Very few reactions except by some LEO's (NOT ALL) and kids that think its cool. Most adults are intelligent enough to realize the local thug doesn't carry open and inplain sight with his daughter and a grocery cart! We can't let a little hassle and an occasional uncomfortable run in with police to deter us. Be safe, Be courteous and never be a STATISTIC!

With what agencies were the LEOs who gave you grief?

DJ

ETA:Never mind. I justfoundyour other post. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum31/25868.html