• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Off topic - need help

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

None of the rental places I tried today returned my call. Anyone know where I can rent or borrow a wheelchair for a time? I'm TERRIBLE on crutches, but broke my ankle yesterday and need a way to get around.

Please PM if you're in Northern Virginia and have an idea?

Thanks

mercutio545

imported post

My mom used a walker when she broke her ankle. She didn't like the crutches either, but wanted more mobility and ease of use than a wheelchair (try folding up a wheelchair and putting it in your car on a broken ankle).You might want to check that out.

soloban

imported post

Tess wrote:
None of the rental places I tried today returned my call. Anyone know where I can rent or borrow a wheelchair for a time? I'm TERRIBLE on crutches, but broke my ankle yesterday and need a way to get around.

Please PM if you're in Northern Virginia and have an idea?

Thanks
I've severely sprained my ankle a couple of times so I totally feel your pain. Is a bootwalker an option or did you do a grade III sprain where the tendon comes off of the foot boone?

Have you tried calling your insurance company? Sometimes they have those "call a nurse lines" and maybe they can help and it might be covered under your policy.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

soloban wrote:
I've severely sprained my ankle a couple of times so I totally feel your pain. Is a bootwalker an option or did you do a grade III sprain where the tendon comes off of the foot boone?

Have you tried calling your insurance company? Sometimes they have those "call a nurse lines" and maybe they can help and it might be covered under your policy.

It'sd efinitely a break of the tip of the fibula where it joins the ankle bone. don't know what the casting options are, yet. i'll find out tomorrow.

I have found aplace that rents the knee walkers, though; that might be an option. I'll still want a wheelchair for some times.

Thanks

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UPDATE - Never mind. Given where the break is, I am able to wear a camm boot, and put weight on the foot now. Don't need the chair, thankfully.