Thread: Will be visiting Philly area

Post imported post

Hi All,

I plan on visiting Philly this weekend and was wondering if you can CC in Philly? I know they are trying to become like DC and I know PA is a open carry state.

In VA if you want to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you have to open carry, is the law the same in PA or can you CC in restaurants?

Thanks everyone!

Post imported post

Diesel 007 wrote:
    Hi All,

I plan on visiting Philly this weekend and was wondering if you can CC in Philly? I know they are trying to become like DC and I know PA is a open carry state.

In VA if you want to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you have to open carry is the laws the same in PA or can you CC in restaurants?

Thanks everyone!
    Real quick:
    Code:
    ยง 6108.  Carrying firearms on public streets or public property
    in Philadelphia.
     No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time
    upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of
    the first class unless:
     (1)  such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
     (2)  such person is exempt from licensing under section
    6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried
    without a license).
    So, yes, you can carry either concealed or openly in Philadelphia, as long as you are licensed to carry a firearm under the PA UFA. Personally, I'm glad our state hasn't given into Philly's whining and that our state firearm's preemption still applies there.

* Do note that state saw does forbit the open carrying of firearms in Philly without a license.

Pennsylvania has no law regarding the carry of firearms at bars or places that sell and/or serve alcohol... Enjoy the free air of Pennsylvania!

Post imported post

Hey mjf,

Thanks for the fast reply. I wish Kaine didn't veto the bill that would have allowed CC in restaurants but there is always next year.

Anyways, I'm glad I will be able to carry in Philly. Looking forward to this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Post imported post

Kinda cool. I'll be coming from VA Beach to Philly this weekend and needed to get info as such.

I really plan on just to conceal carry but was wondering if I could do so when I sightseee if I go into a building. Tried to looking to it, but couldn't find anything.

I do have my CCW so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.

Thanks

-Carlo

Post imported post

C45P312 wrote:
    Kinda cool. I'll be coming from VA Beach to Philly this weekend and needed to get info as such.

I really plan on just to conceal carry but was wondering if I could do so when I sightseee if I go into a building. Tried to looking to it, but couldn't find anything.

I do have my CCW so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.

Thanks

-Carlo
    Just don't venture into any federal buildings/lands when sightseeing... There's very little offlimits in PA... You pretty much can't to carry in a courthouse or state park, and don't want to carry in a school...

Aside from that, signs have no legal weight in PA... Feel free to even carry in bars, while using wise judgement, of course!

See: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...nsylvania.html
    for offlimits details.