• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be visiting Philly area

Diesel23

imported post

Hi All,

I plan on visiting Philly this weekend and was wondering if you can CC in Philly? I know they are trying to become like DC and I know PA is a open carry state.

In VA if you want to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you have to open carry, is the law the same in PA or can you CC in restaurants?

Thanks everyone!

mjf

imported post

Diesel 007 wrote:
Hi All,

I plan on visiting Philly this weekend and was wondering if you can CC in Philly? I know they are trying to become like DC and I know PA is a open carry state.

In VA if you want to carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you have to open carry is the laws the same in PA or can you CC in restaurants?

Thanks everyone!

Real quick:
Code:
§ 6108.  Carrying firearms on public streets or public property
in Philadelphia.
 No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time
upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of
the first class unless:
 (1)  such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or
 (2)  such person is exempt from licensing under section
6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried
without a license).
So, yes, you can carry either concealed or openly in Philadelphia, as long as you are licensed to carry a firearm under the PA UFA. Personally, I'm glad our state hasn't given into Philly's whining and that our state firearm's preemption still applies there. :D

* Do note that state saw does forbit the open carrying of firearms in Philly without a license.

Pennsylvania has no law regarding the carry of firearms at bars or places that sell and/or serve alcohol... Enjoy the free air of Pennsylvania!

Diesel23

imported post

Hey mjf,

Thanks for the fast reply. I wish Kaine didn't veto the bill that would have allowed CC in restaurants but there is always next year.

Anyways, I'm glad I will be able to carry in Philly. Looking forward to this weekend. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

C45P312

imported post

Kinda cool. I'll be coming from VA Beach to Philly this weekend and needed to get info as such.

I really plan on just to conceal carry but was wondering if I could do so when I sightseee if I go into a building. Tried to looking to it, but couldn't find anything.

I do have my CCW so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.

Thanks

-Carlo

mjf

imported post

C45P312 wrote:
Kinda cool. I'll be coming from VA Beach to Philly this weekend and needed to get info as such.

I really plan on just to conceal carry but was wondering if I could do so when I sightseee if I go into a building. Tried to looking to it, but couldn't find anything.

I do have my CCW so I'm pretty sure I'm good to go.

Thanks

-Carlo
Just don't venture into any federal buildings/lands when sightseeing... There's very little offlimits in PA... You pretty much can't to carry in a courthouse or state park, and don't want to carry in a school...

Aside from that, signs have no legal weight in PA... Feel free to even carry in bars, while using wise judgement, of course! :)

See: http://www.pafoa.org/forum/conceale...-cannot-carry-weapons-state-pennsylvania.html
for offlimits details.