• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry permit for armed security guard job

stephan360

imported post

im moving from california and i am wondering what do i need to do to continue to be a armed security guard in portland oregon. are my california guard card and open carry weapons permit legal to work in oregon or transferable with out re training or testing. any information is really helpfull online research leads me in a million different directions . thanks for your help

SetivaSicWood

imported post

As far as I know Oregon dosen't reconize the permits from any other state. Chances are you will have to applyfor s CJHL through Sherrif dept of the county you will reside in.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Ok, he's talking about armed security.

First you need to know two laws.

First is the law of security officers.

http://www.dpsst.state.or.us

Plus you need to apply for a CHL, even if you do armed guard work. A State DPSST license is no defense to being charged with carrying a loaded firearm in a public place under ORS 166.173. Portland itself only includes an exemption for DPSST guards for BANKS only.