• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Much nicer pics of new M44 Mosin Nagant

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

1945, all matching.

2786067490_8f6cc9a9c0.jpg

2785214235_61be65ef84.jpg

BusMaster007

imported post

I almost bought one of those yesterday. 1945, too.
It would compliment my 91/30 very well...

Is your stock refinished or did you get it that nice and shiney?
Nice rifle. :cool:

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BusMaster007 wrote:
I almost bought one of those yesterday. 1945, too.
It would compliment my 91/30 very well...

Is your stock refinished or did you get it that nice and shiney?
Nice rifle. :cool:
What you see is exactly how I got it!

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Bookman wrote:
Now THAT's purty!
Thanks! Plus it has a nifty pokey stabby thing on the end.

About 4-5 years ago when I was still delusional and liked and lived on a power boat I had a 36' cabin cruiser on Lake Washington. Well I had just bought it as a marina impound, and apparently a lot of folks were used to just wandering up to it and staring at it and peeking inside.

Having just moved on I hadn't finished putting things up as I wanted, and I had a beater M44 onboard. One day I left it on a settee with the bayo extended. The maintence person at the marina being bored and nosy looked inside a cabin window and got all freaked out over the "assault rifle" on board.

just_a_car

imported post

Yeah... every rifle is, technically, an "assault rifle" since it can be used to assault someone. But then we should call them "Assault cars", "assault knives", "assault chairs", "assault bats", and "assault fists"... hrm, wonder how they plan on banning that last one?...

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

The maintence person at the marina being bored and nosy looked inside a cabin window and got all freaked out over the "assault rifle" on board.
You should have had got some of those high capacity stripper clips for it. :lol:
Last night my son and I were loading the stripper clips with rounds when he asks " dad, can we get someone to weld 3 of these together? It would sure be cool to load 15 rounds in the Nagant." I asked him where are the other 10 going to fit as it will only hold five? He gets up, goes to the gun cabinet, looks it over and then says never mind, its heavy enough as it is..." I about died laughing.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Bookman wrote:
Now THAT's purty!
Thanks! Plus it has a nifty pokey stabby thing on the end.

About 4-5 years ago when I was still delusional and liked and lived on a power boat I had a 36' cabin cruiser on Lake Washington. Well I had just bought it as a marina impound, and apparently a lot of folks were used to just wandering up to it and staring at it and peeking inside.

Having just moved on I hadn't finished putting things up as I wanted, and I had a beater M44 onboard. One day I left it on a settee with the bayo extended. The maintence person at the marina being bored and nosy looked inside a cabin window and got all freaked out over the "assault rifle" on board.
I would have LOVED to have seen that. I bet he had to go clean his drawers!

just_a_car

imported post

M1Gunr, that's hilarious!

If it was a 91/30 he checked for weight, don't let him handle an m44. Those bayonetted carbines are actually heavier than the full-length mosin.

BusMaster007

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
M1Gunr, that's hilarious!

If it was a 91/30 he checked for weight, don't let him handle an m44. Those bayonetted carbines are actually heavier than the full-length mosin.
THAT'S good to know!
And now the Truth comes out: I promised my oldest Daughter a rifle for her 13th birthday...she and her sister each got a Marlin 15Y .22LR single-shot for their 7th birthday.
When I had the oldest hold up the M-N 44, she didn't seem too enthusiastic. Mind you, this is the one that recommended we put a BIPOD on the Marlin so she could shoot it prone! No kidding. Not to mention she noticed the metal buttplate on the 44.
I see a younger kid shooting the 44, so maybe that'll help me in the 'coercion'.
My idea was that the M-N would be cost effective and augment the 91/30, plus she'd get 'her' rifle.
Oh, boy. I need to get that permission slip from The Goddess!:D

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I see a younger kid shooting the 44, so maybe that'll help me in the 'coercion'.
At 12 he wants to shoot it all. The day I got to shoot the S&W 500 he asked if he could. The pic is him shooting the 91/30 not the M44. As much as he loves that gun he still loves SV's .357