• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kaine VP good for us... in a strange twisted way?

fryfrye

imported post

If Kaine is tapped by Obama, would he resign as Gov? If he resigns, then Lt. Gov would take over? The reason I ask, is the Kaine is the only thing that stood between us and a few good reforms to some gun laws?

I suppose I need a civics lesson on how Virginia works on these issues....

hsmith

imported post

He wouldn't have to resign to run with him, but he would have to if he was elected.

So, doens't work out for us either way :(

kenny

imported post

Despite what the media is telling us. I think Governor Kaine is more interested in becoming President of Virginia Commonwealth University. The current President recently announce he was stepping down.

All the media hype about whose is going to be the picks for both sides reminds me of Nazi Germany. Hitler keep telling the Germans that they were winning the war and the U.S. was in ruins. We all know how that worked out.

fairfax1

imported post

AP says Kaine isout Posted: 09:23 PM ET
Kaine will not be Obama's running mate, according to the AP.
corner_wire_BL.gif
The Associated Press reported Friday, sourcing a Democratic official, that Virginia Gov. Kaine says he will not be Barack Obama's running mate.

richarcm

imported post

more reason for everyone here to be as active in supporting McCain as you are active with the second ammendment.

Remember, inthe words of the mighty Dr. Phil...."life rewards action."

Neplusultra

imported post

fryfrye wrote:
Biden is as about as bad as a VP pick for Obama as we could hope for... just as anti 2A as Obama... ugh!
You know back in 2000 I was STUNNED of how well both Gore and Bush did in choosing running mates. Lieberman and Cheney were great picks. Biden, eh, I'm bored already. Although Biden does have some good Iraq policy ideas.