Thread: Shoulder rig

Post imported post

I would love to see someone wearing this rig to the next get together.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/firepower.htm :shock:

Post imported post

Whoa...

Post imported post

166.173 Authority of city or county to regulate possession of loaded firearms in public places.[/b] (1) A city or county may adopt ordinances to regulate, restrict or prohibit the possession of loaded firearms in public places as defined in ORS 161.015.[/b]

(2) Ordinances adopted under subsection (1) of this section do not apply to or affect:

(c) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.

166.210 Definitions. [/b]As used in ORS 166.250 to 166.270, 166.291 to 166.295 and 166.410 to 166.470:

(3) “Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon.

So since Oregon has no laws against it, as long as the shotgun is not concealed, and the shotgun is defined as a firearm since it is "designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon" well then, to me, it looks like the city can't say you can't Granted, I don't want to be the test subject for this, and I'll take it from a quote I heard of some one in court say (though I haven't checked it's validity, I think it still proves a good point :P):

Defense Attorney: So why were you carrying a pistol?

Witness for Prosecution: Because I was legally excercising my right, as I am licensed to carry concealed, so that I could protect my family the best I can.

Defense: But why, were you expecting to get into a gun battle that day?

Witness: No, if I was expecting a gun battleI would have brought my rifle.

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

WOW, I want that. :what:

I would totally open carry that.:celebrate

Post imported post

NaT805 wrote:
    WOW, I want that. :what:

I would totally open carry that.:celebrate
    If you do, let me know how it goes

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA

Post imported post

I've been wondering about open carry with a ******* holster by galco, but don't know the specifics regarding if it must be FULLY visibile or FULLY invisible, but anywhere in between will get you in trouble for negligence...? Somebody chime in, I can't find the legal statutes going over this.

For example, if I wore it under a suit jacket type coat, and how free I would be to remove it or have it slightly open. Curious. Legal references are helpful.

Post imported post

If you can legally OC and legally CC, anything in between is also legal. Personally, I try to keep it one or the other, but I don't worry about it to much.

Post imported post

CharlesAFerg wrote:
    I've been wondering about open carry with a ******* holster by galco, but don't know the specifics regarding if it must be FULLY visibile or FULLY invisible, but anywhere in between will get you in trouble for negligence...? Somebody chime in, I can't find the legal statutes going over this.

For example, if I wore it under a suit jacket type coat, and how free I would be to remove it or have it slightly open. Curious. Legal references are helpful.
    As far as I know, it is openly carried if you can even RECOGINZE that some is carrying (printing, for example). If you can see it or recognize it for what it is, it is openly carried, but, IANAL

Portland/Beaverton/Hillsboro, Oregon, USA

Post imported post

DenWin wrote:
    CharlesAFerg wrote:

As far as I know, it is openly carried if you can even RECOGINZE that some is carrying (printing, for example). If you can see it or recognize it for what it is, it is openly carried, but, IANAL
    How cryptic.
    "TINLA"
    lol

Thanks though, makes sense.