• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free at Last, Free at Last! I did it!!!! Wow!

Kungfu

imported post

I finally did "it". You know, I've been riding around on my motorcycle through town, to the range and to one gun shop for a while now. I've had a Dayton cop (at the range) tell me he'd arrest me for OC'ing, he didnt care. I've asked every kind of"what if" question here and even called the OSP, local and sheriff's dept about "it".

Tonight.....I just went and OC'd in town.....yes, on FOOT! What a relief! People weren't screaming, grabbing their children and running away....no police cars screeching up with shotguns and all that crap....nobody tackled me....no CCW holder shot me dead, no dirty looks......not even a peep....not even a peep! No one asked and no one acted like they really cared!

I shopped at Walmart,Kroger, and got gas at Speedway.....and, yes, I was on my motorcycle. Ijust got home and put the groceries away. What an incredible feeling of freedom and relief! Just WOW!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's great isn't it? I moved from Ohio to Arizona in early 2005 and a guy at my church in Ohio had already filled me in on the acceptance of open carry in Arizona before I left. It didn't take too long before I was open carrying everywhere (since I didn't have a ccw permit) and it was as natural as walking into stores and other places with my pants on. :)

Kungfu

imported post

Yes, it was good to finally overcome the anxiety of doing it. If anyone noticed the time of my post....yeah, it was a bit later so the stores werent crowded, but it was a good first step.

BTW, that avitar still cracks me up!

Kungfu

imported post

OC'dinto the gas station in New Madison today on the way to the range. No problems. This is getting easier.