• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice recorder.

wayradbrad

imported post

I was curious what other folks might be using for a voice recorder. I took Anubis's and Redknightt's advise and bought one. An Olympus ws-110. It was $69.99 at Radio Shack, uses only one AAA battery and records for 17 hours plus it has a U.S.B. port to download the files to the computer. I also bought a clip on condenser mic and used it around the house and it is amazingly clear, I could make out every word, near and far. Anyways, was just wondering. Semper fi!

RichB 99GTP

imported post

I bought a Sony ICD-UX70. It only records about 10 hours, but it is a bit smaller than the olympus models. Size was an important factor for me. Works great off the built in microphone too.

Equinox

imported post

I picked myself up a Sony ICD-P620. It's small, easy to use, and has some nice editing software via USB cable.