• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

those who ride

r6-rider

imported post

heres my set up.

1911 in a blackhawk

2 mags in the mag pouch that came in the springfield box

my question is, how much trust can i put into these holsters? i know the blackhawk has very good retention so im not too worried about that but the mag pouches im kinda iffy on. since im in CA and have to carry unloaded those mags staying in the pouch while i ride could mean life or death if ever in a situation.

think theyre trust worthy, even at triple digits (not likely im going to go that fast but never know)

Giustiniani

imported post

I'm taking it that you are riding a motorcycle?

If my guess is correct, you should be okay, if the snaps are down over the mags, or the velcro, whatever it is.

But I would recommend single stack mag holders that blackhawk makes. I use them for ipsc shooting and they have amazing retention. I use a De Santes holster with the leather strap cut off and the tension down tight. If I take the belt they are on, turn it upside down, and shake it, HARD, nothing comes out.

This makes it a quickdraw holster and mag holders. Not too much, about $13 per holder? I think.

Remember, quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten.

Gwee

john_galt

imported post

IWB holster for me when I'm riding. OC would be much nicer as it'd be easier to access than under my zipped leathers! :(

(06 kawi zzr600 btw :))

eyesopened

imported post

if memory serves correctly the mag holders have a retention screw right? They should be fine to hold the mags and only a very strong force should dislodge them.

vrwmiller

imported post

My magazine holster has a screw that is tightended down to prevent the magazine from falling out. I have not had any problems with while riding...of course, my jacket does cover the magazine also.