Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September OC meet...

Post imported post

Is there gonna be one?

Post imported post

Custom holds that you just volunteered yourself to be the organizer! :celebrate

Unless there has already been plans made over on UCC, you can spearhead this one!

Post imported post

If you need any help please let me know. Maybe aim for a weekend Fri,Sat,Sun also would be glad to help any way I can
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

Post imported post

I vote for something before the 13th :celebrate
    ”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”
    ~President Theodore Roosevelt

Post imported post

Here is a sugesstion. The lee kay range their is a picnic area and range. It would require anyone shooting to have eyes and ears. but I think I can get the fee waived. If we clean the frontage road a portion of it just light trash pick up 30 Min Max. They will allow us to open carry just an't shoot from the holster I am looking at a Fri or Sat in September close to the Free Way I 80 and SR 201. I want to try to get a guest speaker and fill out press releases early if this is acceptable. Their are no schools around and Ideal for those of you who do not have their CCW's so please let me know if this might work
    Zach

Post imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
    Here is a sugesstion. The lee kay range their is a picnic area and range. It would require anyone shooting to have eyes and ears. but I think I can get the fee waived. If we clean the frontage road a portion of it just light trash pick up 30 Min Max. They will allow us to open carry just an't shoot from the holster I am looking at a Fri or Sat in September close to the Free Way I 80 and SR 201. I want to try to get a guest speaker and fill out press releases early if this is acceptable. Their are no schools around and Ideal for those of you who do not have their CCW's so please let me know if this might work
    Looks like we have a new volunteer for planning Septembers meet!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Sounds good anyone have input on what or where they would like to see at the meet up in September will Friday the 12th work if not let me know a day
    Zach

Post imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
    Not to be a wet blanket, but count me out for a Lee Kay trip. I have vowed never to return to the horrible place! I know many here share my thoughts...

Post imported post

Any Ideas for the meet up I am open to just about anywhere in Utah just give me some input to where you want to meet In the mean time I will look for another location
    Zach

Post imported post

I would vote somewhere more south than its been but thats my vote! I know not very many of us come from Utah county up but hey its worth a shot huh

”The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world… The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!”

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

My guess is that brokenarrows isn't really interested in planning anything... So yo101jimmy if you want it down south, then plan it, and post it... Because if nobody else does, I'll go ahead and organize it.

And if I organize it, it'll be somewhere close to me.

Post imported post

What about Provo would this area work for everyone I have several areas on that would work any Ideas several areas to choose from
    Zach

Post imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
    What about Provo would this area work for everyone I have several areas on that would work any Ideas several areas to choose from
    Would work for me.

Post imported post

Would someone in provo plan the meet up then
    Zach

Post imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
    My guess is that brokenarrows isn't really interested in planning anything....

Post imported post

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

SGT Jensen wrote: post ***** I would never do that :what::celebrate:whatost ***** I would never do that :what::celebrate:what:
    lol - nah, not you friend!

Post imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    jaredbelch wrote:
    My guess is that brokenarrows isn't really interested in planning anything....
    post ***** I would never do that :what::celebrate:what:

Post imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote: post ***** I would never do that :what::celebrate:whatost ***** I would never do that :what::celebrate:what:
    lol - nah, not you friend!
    sorry that was me... he didn't log out at work and I wrote it.

Post imported post

Post *****!!!

lolz, jk

Post imported post

What would everyone thing of Rotary park in American Fork on Sept 11th 6pm"ish"?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&hs=MB7&pwst=1&resnum=0&um= 1&ie=UTF-8&q=rotary+park+american+fork&fb=1&vie w=text&latlng=3944134906194021670

cant think of anything else. BUT BYOB bring your own beef or pork if you like it that way.

Also the pavilion on the south east side is out side of 1000ft of Greenwood school.
    That's where we would meet.

Post imported post

That sounds great to me! Perfect date, good location.

I say we plan it! Post over on UCC and we will see what people think!

Or is it time to start going back to resteraunts because it is getting dark sooner?

Post imported post

I say lets do at least one more BBQ.

Post imported post

I agree, one last picnic in the park... and what day could be better that 9/11? Rotary Park has excellent tree cover as well!

Great choice! :celebrate

Post imported post

Great! Let's do it!

Can you see if we need reservations for the pavillion Jimmy?

9/11 at 6:00?

Jared - can you do the same Google map wizardry and mark the school boundaries for us?

Someone be sure to post it on UCC.

Woot!:celebrate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast