• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places you CAN'T OC or CC

DGC

imported post

I went to 3 places I usually visit and there signs now. So I have begun to call and will not shop there. List more places were you can't so I or you will not bring money to them anymore.
Scottsdale Fashion Square
Sonoma Theatre
Whole Foods 101 and Mayo.

DGC

imported post

I called there Corporate offices in So Cal, and spoke with someone. She will get back to me in a few day's. I will post what her reply is as soon as I hear word.

DGC

imported post

Well after explaining that we live in the #1 place for kidnapping and home invasion and so fourth. She called and told me that the manager at WF 101 Mayo is a safe enough neighborhood that no guns are needed in her store.
Please tell everyone to boycott or dont shop there.

DGC

imported post

I called back there and Scottsdale fashion square and was basically told "OurKind" is not wanted there and to take out business else were. Now if that doesn't do anything for you or make you want to call and complain.. then we are asleep at the Helm

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DGC have you or your significant other (if any) regularly shopped any of the stores at Scottsdale Fashion Square or the other places? If you are known customers to any of the stores your best course of action may be to contact those stores directly and let them know that you had been a good or loyal customer, however you will now be taking your money to their competition instead since the competition does not prohibit you from carrying the tools you need to carry to defend yourself. The Fashion Square itself likely doesn't care about you or your money as long as the stores that lease space there continue to pay the rent. If the stores start to complain that they are losing business because of the Square's policy, the policy will change.

I'm just curious is the signage prohibiting the carriage of firearms at these places posted conspicuously at each entrance or is it hidden somewhere like at the bottom of doors in printed in small print on giant lists of rules for visiting?

DGC

imported post

We have called all the stores directly, and basically was told "OUr Kind" is not wanted there also I was told that unless they get like a thousand people calling them for the same thing I am only one and there are other customers to replace us.
Also the signs are now posted on the doors were you can see then at the Mall, Whole Foods and Sonoma Theatre. I for one have told people to call and express themselves. It sucks when your told "your not wanted" kinda like discriminating . And since no one stands up and calls like I did I am only one and I am flicked off like a tick on a dog's D..K!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Would a reasonable person think that SFS would allow guns? Absolutely if they had any sense. Think of the amount of cashand easy money to be accessed via credit cards being carried around in the purses, wallets and bags of those who shop there in addition to any jewelry they wear. I'd think the place would be ripe for the picking for an entrepreneurial young thief who may or may not be willing to ignore a "No Guns" sign. Although I would still disagree with a ban on open carry at SFS, it would at least make sense to give people the option to carry concealed if they are worried about the reception of people carrying guns openly.

1FASTC4

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
it would at least make sense to give people the option to carry concealed
I thought that's what the "no guns allowed" sign meant. :D

curtm1911

imported post

IF I ever go to SFS,I carry CC, very discretely, and what they don't know.............point is, I avoid the "Upwardly Mobile" tourist traps in this town like the plague. I dress very casually and get looks just from that. My money is the same as some whatever you want to call them, and it is worth the same, only they ain't getting it, someone else does. Same reason I don't go to movies, they are Hollyweird Libs, Good for Me but not for Thee,so ESABATM is my way of telling them where to go. Hit 'Em where it hurts, THE WALLET/BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!

No Mercy, No Quarter, they don't give US an inch, don't give 'em your $$$$$$$$$

Michigander

imported post

For the most part I've started only shopping at Cabela's, Fry's, Autozone and Home Depot. No problems at any of those place, ever.

Alec411

imported post

AZKOPPER: Great answer! It would be a great idea if each of us carried a small notepad, and wrote down the name of the business that denied your right. We could compiled a list, and make it available to each other. Further, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, we could write a letter to each of these businesses advising them of our choice to go elsewhere.

It does NO GOOD if you approach a store, see "the sign" and you just go elsewhere. The merchant would be totally unaware of the lost business!!!!!!! WE HAVE TO CALL IT TO THIER ATTENTION.

It would be great IF we could some how talley how many OCer's that won't do business, and be able to say FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: There are 1.6 million persons in AZ who will support no business, or political candidate, etc....... NOW TO ME THAT SOUNDS GOOD!

The data is available on how much the average consumer spends in each type of business, per visit! That could be lost revenue.

Kids my Ph.D is in Finance/Econ. TRUST ME, NOTHING SPEAKS LOUDER THAN MONEY!

IT IS THE GREATEST MOTIVATOR KNOWN TO WESTERN SOCIETY!

Alec411

imported post

DGC:

I think they'd be amazed at just how many of "Our Kind" there are! They violate everyone's rights but as a combat vet, and Fleo I take it as a slap in the face that "my kind" isn't welcome!

PLEASE TELL ME WHO, I HAVE A MISSION! HELL, THOSE THAT KNOW ME KNOW THATI WAS AN ECONOMIC ADVISOR TO BOTH PRES. FORD AND PRES, REAGAN (I hate even saying that but) I can wear a gun with presidents but Not shop in their store???????

[suB][suP]RAGE!:cuss::banghead:[/suP][/suB]

Slayer of Paper

imported post

Alec411 wrote:
AZKOPPER: Great answer! It would be a great idea if each of us carried a small notepad, and wrote down the name of the business that denied your right. We could compiled a list, and make it available to each other. Further, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, we could write a letter to each of these businesses advising them of our choice to go elsewhere.

It does NO GOOD if you approach a store, see "the sign" and you just go elsewhere. The merchant would be totally unaware of the lost business!!!!!!! WE HAVE TO CALL IT TO THIER ATTENTION.

It would be great IF we could some how talley how many OCer's that won't do business, and be able to say FOR EXAMPLE ONLY: There are 1.6 million persons in AZ who will support no business, or political candidate, etc....... NOW TO ME THAT SOUNDS GOOD!

The data is available on how much the average consumer spends in each type of business, per visit! That could be lost revenue.

Kids my Ph.D is in Finance/Econ. TRUST ME, NOTHING SPEAKS LOUDER THAN MONEY!

IT IS THE GREATEST MOTIVATOR KNOWN TO WESTERN SOCIETY!
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/6729.html

azlobo

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Just tell them your 1911 is a fashion accessory.
Heh - "My 1911 is more fashionable than your little lap-poodle-a-purse any day..."

Funny thing is, sometimes people accessorize their 1911's, Glocks, etc, as much if not more so than some of the clientele accessorize their poodles that frequent Scottsdale Fashion Center's shops. I'm a little guilty of this also so I'm not casting stones :cool:

BTW Fry's Electronics used to have a no guns sign at the door, but last time I was there (Aug 08) they had taken it down. I asked the kids working there at the front door about it and they said it was taken down (in other words not the result of a door replacement that they intend to re-post signage, etc). Didn't talk to anyone in management there so YMMV.

-AZL0B0