• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Vegas Shootout?

yeahYeah

imported post

icode and i went shooting after the OC meetup and we had a good time. Yeah, it was hot though. but the weather is going to be cooling off soon and we should all get together and shoot crap up for an afternoon....

I am game sometimes in late sept/early oct.

how bout you?

there is a great place outside of sloan...

icode

imported post

I'm in! My youngest son and I just got back from there. Even right now it's cool enough in the evenings, but of course in 4 or 5 weeks the entire day should be great! Plus I need someone that isn't a crappy shot to shoot my AK with Scope to check its accuracy :?I shoot well with the iron's but have never been all that good with optics, I'm trying to learn though.

yeahYeah

imported post

icode wrote:
I'm in! My youngest son and I just got back from there. Even right now it's cool enough in the evenings, but of course in 4 or 5 weeks the entire day should be great! Plus I need someone that isn't a crappy shot to shoot my AK with Scope to check its accuracy :?I shoot well with the iron's but have never been all that good with optics, I'm trying to learn though.

you put a scope on it? i learnt how to zero mine in, now the thing is accurate as heck.

icode

imported post

NvTwist wrote:
Well if your out there and you see my Big Green Extended cab Z-71 Truck feel free to park next to me and say hi.
I'll try to remember. Conversely, if you see a charcol grey Honda Ridgeline, you do the same!

icode

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
icode wrote:

you put a scope on it? i learnt how to zero mine in, now the thing is accurate as heck.
yipper, I got a rail like the one you have and slapped a socpe on it. I don't know about it's accuracy cause like I said I suck with a scope :?

yeahYeah

imported post

sweet. well, i am not going to be out there for a few weeks. my brother is coming out on the 12th, so i plan on taking this DC/NY freedomless native kid shooting at the spot on sat or sunday so i hope to see u there, i can help ya.

what kinda scope? did you get a bore site?

icode

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
sweet. well, i am not going to be out there for a few weeks. my brother is coming out on the 12th, so i plan on taking this DC/NY freedomless native kid shooting at the spot on sat or sunday so i hope to see u there, i can help ya.

I just got a "cheapy" NcSTAR 2-6x28 its got a range finder reticle though... I know a lot of people seem to not like NcSTAR but it seems fine for me???:?I got a universal bore siter from laserlyte. It worked well on my .22, my oldest son Ethan is a dead shot with that!

yeahYeah

imported post

icode wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:

I just got a "cheapy" NcSTAR 2-6x28 its got a range finder reticle though... I know a lot of people seem to not like NcSTAR but it seems fine for me???:?I got a universal bore siter from laserlyte. It worked well on my .22, my oldest son Ethan is a dead shot with that!
oy! that's why. i got an NCSTar originally and it would not zero in on my AK. return it. i got a TruGlo scope...zeros in nice. It's a bit more expensive, but works nice.

that scope is for a .22, but they package it with the AK mount for some reason.

icode

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
icode wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:

oy! that's why. i got an NCSTar originally and it would not zero in on my AK. return it. i got a TruGlo scope...zeros in nice. It's a bit more expensive, but works nice.

that scope is for a .22, but they package it with the AK mount for some reason.
I've got it zero'd in according to my bore site. I even rechecked it after shooting about 100 rds through the rifle and it was still zero'd in. I don't think that the scope is the problem. Either way I'm going to keep it, 1. I'm probably stuck with it, most gun stores aren't real big on returns, 2. Even if I decide that I don't like it, Jake wants a scope on his shotgun now... I know - he doesn't need a scope on a shotgun but if the boy wants one who am I to argue???

icode

imported post

cool! i'll be looking forward to it.

ETA: I just remembered that I did have trouble getting zero when I was first setting it up. Then I swapped the rings that came with the scope for the rings that came with the rail and voila! Maybe they just got bad rings??? I hope that is the case cause I sure like the scope, it's nice and clear and the compact size it good... of course I'm not really familiar with scopes in general :?