Thread: Private property - Dumb Question

Post imported post

I actually was thinking about this in terms of the National Night Out. Am I OK to sit out in front of my house, still on private (my) property, while I clean my weapon?

I would assume that the answer is yes, but I'm curious to hear others' thoughts.

Post imported post

I dont know about the legality of it but i do it all the time but then again my neibhors are used to me dragging guns in and out of my home and i am always packing a gun of some kind so i cant tell you too do it or not too do it but i do. i hope it helps....

Post imported post

Am I the only one that thought that National Night Out was completely pointless? We're supposed to be sending the message to criminals that they'd better be good or we'll... take away their complimentary hot dog? We'll ban them from future silly contrived block parties? We won't let them climb on the fire truck when the police/fire convoy rolls through?

There was pretty much zero deterrent effect to the whole thing.
    OTOH, a National OPEN CARRY Night Out would actually make a difference!

Post imported post

The point is to get to know your neighbors so they can watch your back as you watch their's. Hot dogs are just to get the conversation going.

Post imported post

Even dumber question... when the heck did this take place?

Post imported post

t3rmin wrote:
    Am I the only one that thought that National Night Out was completely pointless? We're supposed to be sending the message to criminals that they'd better be good or we'll... take away their complimentary hot dog?

There was pretty much zero deterrent effect to the whole thing.
    OTOH, a National OPEN CARRY Night Out would actually make a difference!
    The thing about various crime watch gatherings is it lets the criminals know where the watchers are all going to be.

It's something like Flag Day, Asian-American history week, "Heart Health Month," and the myriad of other days, weeks or months that we think about something for a little bit and then forget it for the rest of the year. Once you get a day or month for something, it pretty much takes it out of the rest of the year, and no one thinks about it until then.