Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSU Students say GUNS ARE SCARY

Post imported post

Taken off Opencarry.Org in the News Forum.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum63/14548.html

The article written by these University students is a slap in the face to Freedom and the rights of Americans. How can these students think that by oppressing the rights of others makes their cause justified?

Here they speak of OCDO
    “The group’s desire to protect their constitutional rights is hard to condemn but their method of bringing their cause to the forefront is shameful. Their right to bear arms shouldn’t come at the cost of others’ right to feel safe”.

It’s clear they would have others rights stripped awaywith outcare, even thoughitcomes at the cost of others’ right to feel safe. Are they blind? Their willingness to oppress others for thier goalis "shameful".

What ever happened to how Americans used to think?

"The American Creed

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

–Written by William Tyler Page 1817, and on April 3rd, 1918 was accepted by the United States House of Representatives on behalf of the American People".

Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Right to feel safe??? Funny.

-ljp

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yeah, I'm having a little trouble finding where my "right to feel safe" is enumerated. Maybe it's a local ordinance I'm unfamiliar with.

Post imported post

With liberals, its all about "feelings". Why should they let pesky little technicalities like individual freedoms or constitutional rights get in the way of the Great Overriding Principle: "Thou Shalt Never Hurt Anyones' Delicate Feelings".

Facts, reason, logic and history all pale in importance to "the Principle". But don't be too harsh with the students. They are still young, and many if not most will eventually mature beyond the adolescent thinking that underlies modern liberalism.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    But don't be too harsh with the students. They are still young, and many if not most will eventually mature beyond the adolescent thinking that underlies modern liberalism.
    Fair statement.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Warm and fuzzy... Idiots.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Warm and fuzzy... Idiots.
    +1

Warm and fuzzy and dangerous idiots.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I wonder if the person that felt "comfortable" if it was a police officer knew that "the police have no duty to protect"? It's almost as though all news media have become government run.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

.....right to feel safe......

Hmm.........

I wonder how many of these students that think they have a "right to feel safe" participate in what we might call daredevil activities?

Such as:

Skydiving
    Rock/Mountain climbing
    Beng drinking
    Surfing
    Street Dragging/Racing
    Bicycling in traffic
    Scuba diving
    Unsafe sex
    Scaring the crap out of their roommates............

You get the idea.

A life of "safety" is an illusion.

Post imported post

Many universities are now demanding the drinking age to be lowered back to 18 from 21, because they've discovered that turning an open campus into an "alcohol free zone" simply doesn't work.

If they can apply that logic to alcohol, why can't they apply it to firearms?

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    .....right to feel safe......

Hmm.........

I wonder how many of these students that think they have a "right to feel safe" participate in what we might call daredevil activities?

Such as:

Skydiving
    Rock/Mountain climbing
    Beng drinking
    Surfing
    Street Dragging/Racing
    Bicycling in traffic
    Scuba diving
    Unsafe sex
    Scaring the crap out of their roommates............

You get the idea.

A life of "safety" is an illusion.
    There is a big difference between living and just existing. You have a list of fun that is trying to be ruined in the name of safety.

Post imported post

They do have a right to feel safe. How they obtain that isan enigma to me.

I have a right to feel safe.I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip.

Post imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
    Many universities are now demanding the drinking age to be lowered back to 18 from 21, because they've discovered that turning an open campus into an "alcohol free zone" simply doesn't work.

If they can apply that logic to alcohol, why can't they apply it to firearms?
    AGREE.....and the drinking age was changed to 18 around the early 70's then raised again. I went hunting with a .22 or .410 at age eight. I hope these kids learn to fight like we did.

Post imported post

I am greatful that the opinion of moronic, drunken, know it all college students holds no legal weight. :celebrate
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    I am greatful that the opinion of moronic, drunken, know it all college students holds no legal weight. :celebrate
    They can vote! :what:That's bad enough!

Post imported post

"Whatever happened to how Americans used to think?", indeed.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Post imported post

I have a right to feel safe. I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip.
    With the express difference that not only do you FEEL safe, you are (relatively, of course), while those students may find that their feelings don't provide much cover if something bad happens.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    I have a right to feel safe. I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip.
    With the express difference that not only do you FEEL safe, you are (relatively, of course), while those students may find that their feelings don't provide much cover if something bad happens.
    Safe ain't bullet proof.

Post imported post

cccook wrote:
    Yeah, I'm having a little trouble finding where my "right to feel safe" is enumerated. Maybe it's a local ordinance I'm unfamiliar with.
    its right next to the right not to be insulted or offended

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Actually, I guess I can understand.

Collegemust bea bit like elementary school. They're not ready to face the real world yet.So, lets protect them from the big, scary world and pretend, just like in elementary school, that feelings are more important than reality.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

This sounds like a very well written GC argument to me!

jbone wrote
    The American Creed

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

Post imported post

If THEY have a right to feel safe, then so do I!

And frankly, I don't feel safe unless I'm armed.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

College*must be*a bit like elementary school.* They're not ready to face the real world yet.**So, lets protect them from the big, scary world and pretend, just like in elementary school, that feelings are more important than reality.
    That's essentially the goal of "public education" - to keep people in perpetual childhood thus keeping them dependent on the state for subsistence.

Post imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
    Citizen wrote:

College*must be*a bit like elementary school.* They're not ready to face the real world yet.**So, lets protect them from the big, scary world and pretend, just like in elementary school, that feelings are more important than reality.
    That's essentially the goal of "public education" - to keep people in perpetual childhood thus keeping them dependent on the state for subsistence.
    This is definitely true. I've seen it myself.

Post imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
    Citizen wrote:

Collegemust bea bit like elementary school. They're not ready to face the real world yet.So, lets protect them from the big, scary world and pretend, just like in elementary school, that feelings are more important than reality.
    There has been no "public education" since soon after Jimmah Cahtah created the Department of Education. It is now Government Education.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast