• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSU Students say GUNS ARE SCARY

jbone

imported post

Taken off Opencarry.Org in the News Forum.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum63/14548.html

The article written by these University students is a slap in the face to Freedom and the rights of Americans. How can these students think that by oppressing the rights of others makes their cause justified?

Here they speak of OCDO
“The group’s desire to protect their constitutional rights is hard to condemn but their method of bringing their cause to the forefront is shameful. Their right to bear arms shouldn’t come at the cost of others’ right to feel safe”.

It’s clear they would have others rights stripped awaywith outcare, even thoughitcomes at the cost of others’ right to feel safe. Are they blind? Their willingness to oppress others for thier goalis "shameful".

What ever happened to how Americans used to think?

"The American Creed

I believe in the United States of America as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed, a democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many sovereign States; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.

I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.

–Written by William Tyler Page 1817, and on April 3[suP]rd[/suP], 1918 was accepted by the United States House of Representatives on behalf of the American People".

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yeah, I'm having a little trouble finding where my "right to feel safe" is enumerated. Maybe it's a local ordinance I'm unfamiliar with.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

With liberals, its all about "feelings". Why should they let pesky little technicalities like individual freedoms or constitutional rights get in the way of the Great Overriding Principle: "Thou Shalt Never Hurt Anyones' Delicate Feelings".

Facts, reason, logic and history all pale in importance to "the Principle". But don't be too harsh with the students. They are still young, and many if not most will eventually mature beyond the adolescent thinking that underlies modern liberalism.

jbone

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
But don't be too harsh with the students. They are still young, and many if not most will eventually mature beyond the adolescent thinking that underlies modern liberalism.
Fair statement.

S.E.WI

imported post

I wonder if the person that felt "comfortable" if it was a police officer knew that "the police have no duty to protect"? It's almost as though all news media have become government run.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

.....right to feel safe......

Hmm.........

I wonder how many of these students that think they have a "right to feel safe" participate in what we might call daredevil activities?

Such as:

Skydiving
Rock/Mountain climbing
Beng drinking
Surfing
Street Dragging/Racing
Bicycling in traffic
Scuba diving
Unsafe sex
Scaring the crap out of their roommates............

You get the idea.

A life of "safety" is an illusion.

like_the_roman

imported post

Many universities are now demanding the drinking age to be lowered back to 18 from 21, because they've discovered that turning an open campus into an "alcohol free zone" simply doesn't work.

If they can apply that logic to alcohol, why can't they apply it to firearms?

S.E.WI

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
.....right to feel safe......

Hmm.........

I wonder how many of these students that think they have a "right to feel safe" participate in what we might call daredevil activities?

Such as:

Skydiving
Rock/Mountain climbing
Beng drinking
Surfing
Street Dragging/Racing
Bicycling in traffic
Scuba diving
Unsafe sex
Scaring the crap out of their roommates............

You get the idea.

A life of "safety" is an illusion.
There is a big difference between living and just existing. You have a list of fun that is trying to be ruined in the name of safety.

TheMrMitch

imported post

They do have a right to feel safe. How they obtain that isan enigma to me. :question:

I have a right to feel safe.I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip. :cool:

S.E.WI

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
Many universities are now demanding the drinking age to be lowered back to 18 from 21, because they've discovered that turning an open campus into an "alcohol free zone" simply doesn't work.

If they can apply that logic to alcohol, why can't they apply it to firearms?
AGREE.....and the drinking age was changed to 18 around the early 70's then raised again. I went hunting with a .22 or .410 at age eight. I hope these kids learn to fight like we did.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Whatever happened to how Americans used to think?", indeed.

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

zoom6zoom

imported post

I have a right to feel safe. I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip.
With the express difference that not only do you FEEL safe, you are (relatively, of course), while those students may find that their feelings don't provide much cover if something bad happens.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I have a right to feel safe. I obtain that feeling with my Glock 21 on my hip.
With the express difference that not only do you FEEL safe, you are (relatively, of course), while those students may find that their feelings don't provide much cover if something bad happens.
Safe ain't bullet proof.

Brigdh

imported post

cccook wrote:
Yeah, I'm having a little trouble finding where my "right to feel safe" is enumerated. Maybe it's a local ordinance I'm unfamiliar with.
its right next to the right not to be insulted or offended

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, I guess I can understand.

Collegemust bea bit like elementary school. They're not ready to face the real world yet.So, lets protect them from the big, scary world and pretend, just like in elementary school, that feelings are more important than reality.