Thread: What happened to Kent Arms in Wyoming?

Post imported post

Anyone know what happened to Kent Arms? I stopped by there earlier this week, and the signs were down and the door was locked. It's been a while since I was last there...I guess I should of bought more from them.

Post imported post

b_twill wrote:
    Anyone know what happened to Kent Arms? I stopped by there earlier this week, and the signs were down and the door was locked. It's been a while since I was last there...I guess I should of bought more from them.
    They went out of business this summer. For close to a year they had everything marked 20% off, then they finally sold everything left to On Target in K-zoo.

Post imported post

When I went in there this spring, I was told that the owner was moving to another part of the state to follow his wife/girlfriend's move to a new job and that all inventory had been sold to On Target.

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

Bummer sad to see them go...they had a great variety of used/surplus rifles.

Post imported post

b_twill wrote:
    Bummer sad to see them go...they had a great variety of used/surplus rifles.
    You could always go to On Target in K-zoo. They have a good selection of used/surplus rifles. Kent Arms didn't have much of that within the last year and a half.

Post imported post

I used to buy my self defense loads there. Where is the best place to make that purchase in the GR area now?

Post imported post

Sailorwatson wrote:
    I used to buy my self defense loads there. Where is the best place to make that purchase in the GR area now?
    Depends on what your looking for.

Rylee's Ace Hardware has a good selection, and Greg will try to get you what you want. Silver Bullet is also a good place.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

Rylee's Ace Hardware has a good selection, and Greg will try to get you what you want. Silver Bullet is also a good place.
    Thanks. I've been to Rylee's before, but never for ammo.

They are just around the corner of where I work.

Post imported post

Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

They are just around the corner from where I live. We should do lunch sometime.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

That could be a good possibility once my Granddaughter goes back to school, which is next week... :celebrate

Post imported post

Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

That could be a good possibility once my Granddaughter goes back to school, which is next week... :celebrate
    Let me know.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:
    ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

Let me know.
    Had my first Grand Coney a couple of weeks ago. Kinda want to go back.

Post imported post

There is a place on West River Drive called
    DAN'S SPORTS & AMMO (616)784-6811 4976 West River Dr Ne, Comstock Park, MI 49321 (616)784-6811
    This is NOT a big place, just basically a guy that sells ammo out of a closet in a machine shop. It can be difficult to find, too. It's located in the quanset-type huts on theeast side of the road. Even though it is a small part of his business machine shop, I've been able to get my 7.62x54r ammo there and some oddball Seller & Beloit there too. I would call, though, if it is a long drive.

Map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...homesubmit.y=8

Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    DAN'S SPORTS & AMMO (616)784-6811 4976 West River Dr Ne, Comstock Park, MI 49321 (616)784-6811
    This is NOT a big place, just basically a guy that sells ammo out of a closet in a machine shop. It can be difficult to find, too. It's located in the quanset-type huts on theeast side of the road. Even though it is a small part of his business machine shop, I've been able to get my 7.62x54r ammo there and some oddball Seller & Beloit there too. I would call, though, if it is a long drive.

I've been there on occasion.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:

I stopped in there once. Bought some target loads in 9mm. do they carry any of the populat "self defense" loads?

Post imported post

Sailorwatson wrote:
    DrTodd wrote:

I stopped in there once. Bought some target loads in 9mm. do they carry any of the populat "self defense" loads?
    You could call and ask. I don't usually buy any ammo. I mainly get reloading supplies.

Post imported post

Ghostrider;

I will be at the Grand Rogue Campground all week end for the Historical Military Encampment. PM me if you think you might stop by and I will give you my full name and you can look me up. I might even be able to dig us up a cup coffee. It'll be my treat.

Post imported post

ghostrider wrote:
    Sailorwatson wrote:

silver bullet has quite a bit of good ammo. I even found some 3" slugs for my 20ga there. Plus it's right down the road from me