• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another New OC'er as of Today

AnaxImperator

imported post

After much consideration of what would be her very first firearm & handgun (S&W Model 686P, or Model 627 Pro, or Model 27, or...), she saw a 6" stainless-steel Rossi .357, Model 972 hidden all lonely in thebottom corner ofa display cabinet.

Sheask to see it, and upongiving it a good looking-over, found that it fit her small handsand balanced perfectly. Sold!

Today was the range-test ofher new purchase, and she was all grins thewhole time. I gave her a spare Gould &Goodrichopen-bottom w/ thumb-break belt holster, and the Rossi fit perfectly as well. It has a sharp FBI-cant, and she wore it behind the hip (almost behind the back) all day.

After we got done at the range, I took her to myfavorite after-range-time eatery (& Walmart afterwards), and sheOC'ed with methe entire time.

Again, thisis the first firearm/handgun she's ever owned, the first time she's carried one, and she took to OC'ing like it was the most natural thing to do. We were both complemented forexcercising our rightsby the head cook & manager at the restaurant, and they bothcommented on the deterrent-factor of a 6" stainless .357 Mag. open-carried by a woman. Damn skippy! :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Congratulations!

However, your post is utterly worthless without pictures.

stay safe.

skidmark

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

YES!!!!!!!!!! We need MANY more women who OC.

Congratulations to your family. Now it's twice as safe.

streetdoc

imported post

Now if I could get my wife to open carry it would be great, she finally picked out her first gun, a Beretta 84F. She is going to get her concealedcarry permit but I can't get her to open carry. Atleast she has her own gun now and likes shooting it.

AnaxImperator

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Congratulations!

However, your post is utterly worthless without pictures.

stay safe.

skidmark

Ask, and ye shall receive..... a dancing potassium-stick! :celebrate

Linz_Rossi1.jpg

Linz_Rossi3.jpg

Night_Rossi3.jpg

Linz_Rossi7.jpg

She's a photographer, and she's trying to gain exposure as a professional. JPG Magazine will publish member photographs based on votes they receive. Decisions are made considering views to votes. She's got more views for this one picture than any others in her collection, yet she's not getting many votes. It only takes a few minutes to register, so pleasehelp her get published. JPG Magazine has helped many photographers gain the recognition which is very important in the business, so if her work is featured, it'd be a huge boost to her career. "Mosin Nagant M38 Muzzle-Flash" at JPGmag.com.

This another site showcasing her work, and people can buy her prints there as well. She has most of her photo-manips there. ]Pixelhenge @ Imagekind

Michigander

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
Now if I could get my wife to open carry it would be great, she finally picked out her first gun, a Beretta 84F. She is going to get her concealedcarry permit but I can't get her to open carry. Atleast she has her own gun now and likes shooting it.
If she's worried about the police, you should probably try to get her to try it at a big OCDO picnic.

Anax, your wife looks pretty cool. Nice mountain top range too.:cool:

AnaxImperator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Anax, your wife looks pretty cool. Nice mountain top range too.:cool:
She IS pretty cool. I like her. :p

It's the Rampart Range Road range above Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs. The range ispublic & completely free and open12/24/7. A while ago the Forest Service & city threatened to shut the range down, as people were dumping trash there, not picking up their garbage on the lines, setting fires, and using targets thatleaked toxic or dangerous stuff (ie car batteries, old TVs, water-heaters, etc). Thankfully, a group ofresponsible gun-owners to volunteer their timein cleaning up the range,spread the word about notpolluting/littering, and convince the powers-that-be not to shut the range down.

This is the view from the main firing line; that's Pikes Peak in the distance.

Rampart_Range_Vista.jpg

AnaxImperator

imported post

Michigander wrote:
DAAAAAAANG that's a nice range. I need to find a shootin spot that nice in Arizona.

Yeh, the Rampart range is quite nice..... even though it's still pretty littered with spent casings/hulls and used targets. Even on busy days, it's not a problem to find an open shooting-table, and the people who frequent the range are very good at policing each other in terms of safety. Nobody complains when someone shows up and wants to head downrange to place targets; everyone ceases fire, unloads their firearm(s), and keeps hands off until whoever is back on line.

The place has three ranges; one shotgun-only, one 100yd where any firearm is allowed, and one 50yd (IIRC) mainly for handguns, although any other firearm is allowed. Occasionally LEOs/Forest Service will show up and possiblywrite tickets for firing handguns/rifles on the shotgun-only range, or possession/consumption of alcohol.

Here'smore pictures of the range itself. The first is up towards the 50yd Handgun lanes, the second is of the main 100yd range, and the third is of the shooting tables. IIRC, there's 8 two-person tables and one shooting bench. On the 2 handgun lanes, each has one table and one bench.

_MG_0788-8.jpg

_MG_0704-1.jpg

_MG_0833-6a.jpg

If any OCDO members ever blow through Colorado Springs, I very much recommend a visit to the Rampart Range Rd. range. It's basically next to the GOTG, so if needs be, the family can be bribed by letting them run around there.... and then ya'll can say "Hey, since we're in the area......." :D And contrary to the signage at the entrance to GOTG, firearms are allowed within the park.

The restaurant weeat at after a day of shootingis the Front RangeBBQ.

They've got the best elk & buffalo burgers in town (the only elk & buffalo burgers in town), are very affordable, a niceatmosphere(and smoker's patio),and are very OC friendly. The staff won't blink an eye at customers OC'ing, and I've never had any issues with other patrons. Don't even bother with any of the other restaurants along W. Colorado Ave. (Old Town)...... especially the Mason Jar, its' owner doesn't allow OC to avoid "scaring my other customers", and their food is equal to that found in a hospital cafeteria.... only more expensive. :lol: