Thread: audio recorders

Post imported post

I have dual posted this in two forums--the reason is I am trying to compare recorders. I apologize beforehand if dual posting is inappropriate.

Question: how many here use audio/video recorders while carrying, and what kind of recorders do you use--I am looking at possibilities for personal audio recording equipment and would like to compare what I am looking at to what others may use. I keep hearing the words "voice recorders voice recorders voice recorders"--I am curious as to how many people use them and what kind are used.

Post imported post

Ill go first. I have a cell phone with a neat little button on the side that starts the voice recorder. It only has a 3 minute record time, which isnt so great since its not gonna be available the first second or so (or probably the end) of a needed conversation. I was looking at the ROKR from alltel, as its got the same feature (with no limit on record time), but ya haveta hold the button down to record. Thatd get in the way big time during an altercation, or talk with security/LEOs.

My wife's MP3 player has a gig of record, and no limit on recording size. Its really small and has a great mic. Very unassuming. So, as soon as I have a lil money, I plan on buying one like it just to record any and all trips out of the house.

Post imported post

I carry a samsung that i got at radio shack.
    it records for 8 hours.. i also carry a nikon digital camera and i can get 55 minutes of
    video.. i carry that for another reason though.. just in case I see some
    (girls gone wild) stuff or see a celebrity, i can sell it to TMZ..lol..
    and record drunk drivers..

Post imported post

If you tried posting this in the General Discussion or Why Open Carry threads rather than just putting this in the ID only thread you would get alot more replies.

Post imported post

I carry a tape recorder durring the most hazardous situations I encounter on a daily basis.......
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    :shock:Any time I talk to a reporter! LOL