• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

audio recorders

suntzu

imported post

I have dual posted this in two forums--the reason is I am trying to compare recorders. I apologize beforehand if dual posting is inappropriate.

Question: how many here use audio/video recorders while carrying, and what kind of recorders do you use--I am looking at possibilities for personal audio recording equipment and would like to compare what I am looking at to what others may use. I keep hearing the words "voice recorders voice recorders voice recorders"--I am curious as to how many people use them and what kind are used.

G

imported post

Ill go first. I have a cell phone with a neat little button on the side that starts the voice recorder. It only has a 3 minute record time, which isnt so great since its not gonna be available the first second or so (or probably the end) of a needed conversation. I was looking at the ROKR from alltel, as its got the same feature (with no limit on record time), but ya haveta hold the button down to record. Thatd get in the way big time during an altercation, or talk with security/LEOs.

My wife's MP3 player has a gig of record, and no limit on recording size. Its really small and has a great mic. Very unassuming. So, as soon as I have a lil money, I plan on buying one like it just to record any and all trips out of the house.

Hiredgun30

imported post

I carry a samsung that i got at radio shack.
it records for 8 hours.. i also carry a nikon digital camera and i can get 55 minutes of
video.. i carry that for another reason though.. just in case I see some
(girls gone wild) stuff or see a celebrity, i can sell it to TMZ..lol..
and record drunk drivers..

bourneshooter

imported post

If you tried posting this in the General Discussion or Why Open Carry threads rather than just putting this in the ID only thread you would get alot more replies.

Hubby_MC

imported post

I carry a tape recorder durring the most hazardous situations I encounter on a daily basis.......
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
:shock:Any time I talk to a reporter!:lol: LOL