• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Breakfast

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Recommended: consider getting together with a friend or two for breakfasts. It doesn't have to be announced or posted but that's OK too.

A lot more ground can be covered with small groups of 2-3 in 10 locations and they are easier to plan/put together. They can be scheduled at the last minute too. A simple husband/wife or bf/gf OCing does it.

IMO - OC breakfasts with 2 or 3 people offers more successful opportunity to interact in a positive manner with the public than the larger attended OC dinners.

The group is less intimidating to other customers and they will approach you to ask questions etc. I say this from personal experience. On a really good morning, I have had lengthy conversations with 4 different interesting persons.

OC dinners have been identified as a great way to show our cause in a positive light and and enjoy fellowship. They are. OC breakfasts allow (if they are small) a more personal, close contact with your friend.

Carry OC and VCDL info with you 'cause your gonna need it!

Let us know what you think, if you do it and how it went.

Yata hey edited to correct typo

SFDoc

imported post

In 100% agreement. The few times Grapeshot, Skidmark and I have meet for breakfast, we have always had someone come up and ask questions. For some reason, at least to me, it seems that they are more willing to talk at length during one of our breakfast encounters than at one of our OC dinners.

Grape, sorry I couldn’t make it to the last one at Cracker Barrel. How did it turn out, never ate there???

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SFDoc wrote:
In 100% agreement. The few times Grapeshot, Skidmark and I have meet for breakfast, we have always had someone come up and ask questions. For some reason, at least to me, it seems that they are more willing to talk at length during one of our breakfast encounters than at one of our OC dinners.

Grape, sorry I couldn’t make it to the last one at Cracker Barrel. How did it turn out, never ate there???
Other than the wait to be seated which was filled with good conversation, it is arguably the best breakfast meal in town. Food is always, consistantly perfectly prepared as ordered, prices quite reasonable - cheaper than most, friendly staff and never an empty coffee cup.

What more could you ask? Plenty to look at too if you've got an extra quarter or two.

Yata hey

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

SFDoc wrote:
at Cracker Barrel.
I go to Manassas on the weekends and you can count on a 30 minute wait. While waiting, I stand around or "rock" out front while MANY people walk by and look and talk and ask questions. I hand out plenty of my OC cards as well. I get about 1 self addressed envelope per day now asking for cards! lol

Ed

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
SFDoc wrote:
at Cracker Barrel.
I go to Manassas on the weekends and you can count on a 30 minute wait. While waiting, I stand around or "rock" out front while MANY people walk by and look and talk and ask questions. I hand out plenty of my OC cards as well. I get about 1 self addressed envelope per day now asking for cards! lol

Ed
Its not uncommon for me to stop at that Cracker Barrel whileon the way out to I-81. Good food!