• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

mrsruger45

ruger45

imported post

if you all could pm my wife a nice hello i would appriciate it.we are haveing her dog put down tommoro and her and dog was very close.its cause a very expeinsive surgey that would cost seven thousand dollars to fix her legs and we can not afford it and do not want the dog to suffer any more.thank you all and am sorry its of the subject.

ruger45

imported post

well we took her to our vet today and she just pulled her back.she ripped her tindent out of her knee a year ago and surgery was going to be 3500 to fix but the vet said she would do fine once scare tissue sets in.well something happened saterday and she could not use neither one of her back legs.we took her too emergency and they said she ripped her other one.so when we took her to our own vet today to have her put down she found the back thing wrong.she hopes for a full recovery with really good meds.she also said she would be makeing a phone call to the other vet about her findings being wrong.mrs ruger is very happy and cried tears of joy.we thought she would have no use of her back legs being both tindents were blown out but it was not the case.thanks for your support and sugestions.

SQLtables

imported post

ruger45 wrote:
well we took her to our vet today and she just pulled her back.she ripped her tindent out of her knee a year ago and surgery was going to be 3500 to fix but the vet said she would do fine once scare tissue sets in.well something happened saterday and she could not use neither one of her back legs.we took her too emergency and they said she ripped her other one.so when we took her to our own vet today to have her put down she found the back thing wrong.she hopes for a full recovery with really good meds.she also said she would be makeing a phone call to the other vet about her findings being wrong.mrs ruger is very happy and cried tears of joy.

Talk about a roller coaster... that's not fun..

We just had to put down my girlfriends cat.. she was pretty upset, it's not a fun road. I'm glad it worked out for you.

MrsRuger45

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Is amputation not an option? I have found that our 4 legged friends do surprisingly well with just 3. They learn very fast how to get around.

We had one leg amputated from a german shepherd when I was a child. He did learn to get around, but he didn't live very long after.

I think Ruger45 is in the process of updating this as to what happened with Sassy today. She was misdiagnosed at the vet clinic on saturday & we didn't have her put to sleep today. :celebrate Now we are just hoping she can recover from what really is going on. :uhoh:

Thank you to everyone who send me a message. It was very kind of you to take a minute out of your day to write to me.:cool:

Dan F.

imported post

Pets are family members and their health is a concern to everyone in the family. Please accept my warmest wishes for a happy outcome with your dog. I know you have had some tough times and am glad to learn that things are improving. How fortunate a pet to have such caring owners.

ruger45

imported post

thank you all for your support.the up date is she seems to be getting around better but still not a 100 percent.the medication seems to be helping.but the vet said to make her take it easy for a while.so we aired up our are matress so she can have something to lay on besides the floor and so she would not try to jump on the furnitor to lay down.she seems to like the air matress.she has not ate since saturday but today she got up to get some food and water.:celebrate

WARCHILD

imported post

Most excellent! I'm glad she is doing better. We havea chow and lab mix that had the same injury over a year ago to his right knee(so to speak). The meds help but like us, he has good and bad days. We also did not opt for the surgery for the same reasons that were given to you. Just baby over them (more than usual that is) and watch over her.She won't be the same but she can get by with it.

ruger45

imported post

sorry to hear about your dog jerry.you know what we are going threw.then put a back injurey into it.ours is a pitbull german shepered mix.a big baby.you are correct she gets what ever she wants right know and then some.she seems to realy like her pain meds.what kinda meds is your dog on?for her past knee injury they had her on remidel twice a day.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry I don't know the name of it. The wife takes care of him mostly, I take him out for a little exercise on the knee. Keep it loose but not too much activity. It really is too bad, he loves chasing a frisbee. He is 7 and about 130 lbs. so he doesn't have a lotof get up and go. It sucks getting old for both of us.

ruger45

imported post

update on the dog.she seems to be getting around better.she picked up one of her toys and played with it today.and she even went after the cat today witch she has not done since she heart her back.but we will not know the out come untll after she is off her meds.but we are hopeing for the best and she seems to be doing better but still not a hundred percent.