• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about CPL Validity

esstac

imported post

I went to our local sheriff's office because my husband lost his CPL and I wanted to change my address and last name since we were married since my CPL was issued, the Sheriff told me there was no need to change the address or my name since it was issued based on my SSN and fingerprints reguardless of what name/address is on the CPL, after seeing this thread, I think I may want a second opinion? I am just careful to carry both my DL showing old and new name-

BobR

imported post

When I moved back to WA from Montana I was also told that I did not need to get a new CPL. I called the licensing division in Olympia for the information.

Although I didn't need to, I went to my local PD, small town, and they issued me a replacement CPL with my new address on it. I held onto my old one, with the Montana address until I got the new one.

I just felt better having my CPL match my DL, I figure it was one less thing to be hasseled about just in case I ran into a LEO that wan't sure of the requirements.

bob

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well my CPL doesn't match my ID and thanks to slip renumbering at the marina the CPL address doesn't match my physical address which is different from my mailing address at the marina... :p