• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive Oc Encounter

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
imported post

Just wanted to post a positive encounter i had last night.I was at Lowes in Suffolk with my wife and kids,picking up some plywook to remodle my workshop.Store was pretty busy,didnt notice any :what:eek:r comments.When I stepped up to pay,the young girl who was cashier said "thats pretty i want one" referring to my glock 33.I had a nice conversation about OC in virginia and helped her get on the right path on chosing a sidearm and proper training.Told her about OCDO. Left me feeling good.Now when my wife gets used to me carrying more,we will be ok.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

eyesopened wrote:
A glock pretty? I don't know, sounds like a fishy story to me... :p
I was thinking the same thing. My Taser is prettier than a Glock!:shock:

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Glocks are not pretty in the sense of sight. Glocks are pretty in a sense that they are a true piece of craftsmanship. They are very reliable and have built a very good reputation in the gun world with a very broad array of aftermarket and Glock products available for them.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Glocks are not pretty in the sense of sight. Glocks are pretty in a sense that they are a true piece of craftsmanship. They are very reliable and have built a very good reputation in the gun world with a very broad array of aftermarket and Glock products available for them.

Agreed...but they're like Hillary Clinton. The more you cover them up, the better they look!:celebrate

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Pretty in pink? Not my cup of tea, but maybe for some......

This one isnt too bad....

thum_3880479a52c58c551.jpg

DocDaddy

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Plastic guns!:lol:

Steel, that's forever!;)
Steel? Sure, if ya like carrying around a boat anchor! :lol:
After you run out of rounds (while still yelling "Quit attacking me with a deadly weapon" or something to that effect), you can always bludgeon them to death with the aforementioned boat anchor!:celebrate

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Steel, that's forever!;)
After you run out of rounds (while still yelling "Quit attacking me with a deadly weapon" or something to that effect), you can always bludgeon them to death with the aforementioned boat anchor!:celebrate

That is a concern I've thought about Doc.
5 rounds = 10 dead bad guys if they bunch up just right, 2 speed loaders fot a total of 30 dead bad guys before I have to take them on unarrmed.....

I'm not as young as I used to be so :uhoh: If I'm attacked by more than 50 people...I'm going to have to dial 911:celebrate:celebrate

DocDaddy

imported post

peter nap wrote:
DocDaddy wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Steel, that's forever!;)

That is a concern I've thought about Doc.
5 rounds = 10 dead bad guys if they bunch up just right, 2 speed loaders fot a total of 30 dead bad guys before I have to take them on unarrmed.....

I'm not as young as I used to be so :uhoh: If I'm attacked by more than 50 people...I'm going to have to dial 911:celebrate:celebrate
Hahaha! Hopefully you are never in that situation to see if they are dumb enough to line up behind each other, and if they don't... that is where the M61 Vulcan comes into play... which is a 20 mm hydraulically or pneumatically driven, six-barreled, air-cooled, electrically fired Gatling-style cannon with an extremely high rate of fire!!! (insert the manly soundsof Tim Allen from 'Home Improvement'!) :lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
Hahaha! Hopefully you are never in that situation to see if they are dumb enough to line up behind each other, and if they don't... that is where the M61 Vulcan comes into play... which is a 20 mm hydraulically or pneumatically driven, six-barreled, air-cooled, electrically fired Gatling-style cannon with an extremely high rate of fire!!! (insert the manly soundsof Tim Allen from 'Home Improvement'!) :lol::celebrate:lol::celebrate
20mm, pffft. 30 mike mike is where its at brother.

DocDaddy

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
DocDaddy wrote:
20mm, pffft. 30 mike mike is where its at brother.

Granted the 30mm is a vastly more powerful weapon... when it comes to destroying heavily armored vehiclesand fortified positions, I was mearly looking at the RPM for multiple bad guys! Hehehe! :lol::lol:

-M61: 6,000rpm (3,450f/s) (more easily mounted on vehicles, likedriving around town in rush hour traffic!)

-GAU-8: 3,900rpm (3,500f/s) (must have entire plane designed around it therefore increasing costs just by a couple million dollars!)

Keep your head down and stay safe over there!!!