• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Store owners attacked.

Huck

imported post

How much more evidence does anyone need to realize that being defenseless and helpless does nothing to deter crime? I'm glad it did'nt turn out worse, that punk could just as easily have shot them.

AnaxImperator

imported post

rodbender wrote:
I suppose now theanti gunnerswill say that they have changed it to; Comply, then duck.:banghead:
Nah, the anti-gunners will just blame the victims. :quirky After all, they must've done something to antagonize the robbers; or maybe he was just defending himself, which is reasonable considering that he was outnumbered. :uhoh:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Criminals do criminal things, usually violent criminal things. Obviously good people need to be armed and ignore all the "give them what they want and you'll be fine" advice. I think I would be fine if the BG ran away or had a 1/2" hole in his skull.

Tomahawk

imported post

Armed robbery is probably as much about the power trip and adrenaline high as it is about getting money. Drunk with power, it must feel good to shed all inhibition and just beat or kill someone for the hell of it. If you're a dirtbag with no conscience, that is. The only thing his kind of personality understands is fear and violence.

Here's a good one: the thug shoots and kills the clerk after being disappointed at the lack of loot in the register. This is among the most disgusting and disturbing thing I've seen recently, and reinforces the need to defend yourself. The clerk is hit in the guts and lays on the floor dying. Note the woman who comes in, sees him on the floor, and walks out. Probably didn't know what was going on. Can't count on help from bystanders. You can hear the guy on the floor trying to breath. Just awful.

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/_rR9X1IJnSg&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

mobeewan

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Armed robbery is probably as much about the power trip and adrenaline high as it is about getting money. Drunk with power, it must feel good to shed all inhibition and just beat or kill someone for the hell of it. If you're a dirtbag with no conscience, that is. The only thing his kind of personality understands is fear and violence.

Here's a good one: the thug shoots and kills the clerk after being disappointed at the lack of loot in the register. This is among the most disgusting and disturbing thing I've seen recently, and reinforces the need to defend yourself. The clerk is hit in the guts and lays on the floor dying. Note the woman who comes in, sees him on the floor, and walks out. Probably didn't know what was going on. Can't count on help from bystanders. You can hear the guy on the floor trying to breath. Just awful.

She did know the clerk was shot. She was also shot too.I saw ashow thatwas on a couple nights ago andwas aboutcrimes and policechases. There was alonger version of the video minus the actual shotsthat killed the clerk and the groaning by the clerk. They wereedited for graphic violence by the program. On the rest of the video I saw she had been in the store and went back out to her car for a minute just seconds before the bad guys had entered the store. If you listen to the video you will hear 2 more shots outside after the bad guys leave. That is when she gets shot twice as she was going back into the store. The story also included an interview with the old lady. She said she did not hear the shots that hit her nor did she feel them. If you notice in the video she is reaching for her left shoulder with her right hand as she is turning to head for the door. She had only realized she had been shot when she was turning to leavethe store the second time to get help for the clerkbecause she felt the blood running down her arm.

The clerk died nad there was only 2 dollars in the register. They did catch the bad guys and they were convicted for murdering the clerk.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mobeewan wrote:
The clerk died nad there was only 2 dollars in the register. They did catch the bad guys and they were convicted for murdering the clerk.
I am sure the clerk would be much relieved to know this. Perhaps it will give him closure.

AnaxImperator

imported post

irfner wrote:
mobeewan wrote:
I am sure the clerk would be much relieved to know this. Perhaps it will give him closure.

There shouldn't have been a trial &conviction, just summary execution; the video was plenty enough evidence. Just as they did to the clerk, and tried to with the old lady, should've been done to them.

If I ever have to work in a convenience store, I'm investing in Kevlar, and a .357 Mag will provide my retort to "Give me the money!".

Liko81

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
rodbender wrote:
I suppose now theanti gunnerswill say that they have changed it to; Comply, then duck.:banghead:
Nah, the anti-gunners will just blame the victims. :quirky After all, they must've done something to antagonize the robbers; or maybe he was just defending himself, which is reasonable considering that he was outnumbered. :uhoh:
Nah, they wouldn't say he was defending himself. After all, standing up for yourself is wrong. :quirky

Tomahawk

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
irfner wrote:
mobeewan wrote:

There shouldn't have been a trial &conviction, just summary execution; the video was plenty enough evidence. Just as they did to the clerk, and tried to with the old lady, should've been done to them.

If I ever have to work in a convenience store, I'm investing in Kevlar, and a .357 Mag will provide my retort to "Give me the money!".
I think I will engrave "The Money" on the side of a revolver. That way, when they ask for the money, well, you understand.

rodbender

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
irfner wrote:
mobeewan wrote:

I think I will engrave "The Money" on the side of a revolver. That way, when they ask for the money, well, you understand.
"The Money" needs to be on the projectile, actually.