Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asking for volunteers to be regional team members

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
    [/b]
    [/b]To date members have worked independently as a grass roots operation with a small core group of people assisting where they can, and that has worked out well. There is no board of directors, no official officers, just volunteers doing what they can. But the [/b]Michigan[/b] Open Carry (MOC) movement is growing and with growth comes increasing responsibility as our actions could affect millions of [/b]Michigan[/b] gun owners.[/b]

[/b]It’s evident that open carry is growing in [/b]Michigan[/b]. With the recent arrest and dismissal for open carry in Grand Haven and the possible civil litigation to follow it’s prudent to consider the possibility that as word gets out those opposed to OC will start enacting ways to restrict or ban our OC right.[/b]

[/b]So, with the assistance of Gun Owners of America’s (GOA) Michigan Representative I’m asking for volunteers to be “MOC Regional Team Members” (MOC-RTM) with a goal of five for each region, that’s just 25 people total, and more is always welcome. These Team members would be the “go to person” in managing OC activities in their regions. Ideally I would like to see one contact person for each county, but for now 5 people per region would be very helpful. Duties for the contact person could include but not limited to any of the following.[/b]

[/b]1) [/b]Organize OC get-togethers, present talks on OC to local sportsman groups, gun clubs, Police agencies, etc. Develop other members to be county contact persons within their regions.[/b]

2) [/b]Contact and be interviewed by the media.[/b]

3) [/b]Keep abreast and post any current pro and anti-gun legislation in their regions.[/b]

4) [/b]Work to develop good relationships with Sheriffs, Local PDs, and Legislators in their regions. Also help with any clerical need e.g. mailings, fund-raising, etc.[/b]

[/b]Everyone has talents that they can use to promote the OC cause. The MOC-RTM would develop a network of talented volunteers within their region to assist them in promoting OC.[/b]

[/b]As a start I have divided the state into regions that takes into account Counties and to some extent senate political boundaries. There is some overlap between districts but at this time we will have to deal with this until we get more volunteers to work smaller areas within regions.[/b]

[/b]If you are interested in helping to represent and work in your area let me know either by posting here or by PMing me. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of OC in [/b]Michigan[/b] and by working together we can help protect not just our firearm rights but all our rights as Americans.

THANK YOU ALL, Brian Jeffs[/b]

[/b]To see the 2001 Senate map go to (map may be out of date):
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Senate_state_16748_7.pdf

SE RTM’s
    [/b]
    DanM
    Generaldet
    SpringerXDacp
    Warchild

Rob Washeleski
    Warlockmatized
    Taxwhat

Tucker6900
    SQLtables
    stanr2

NCentral RTM’s[/b]

UpNorth

Northofnowhere

SW REGION[/b]

Venator
    Darth AkSarBen
    p8ntgames
    jmlefler[/b]

[/b]
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Brian,

I would love to, but my work schedule has me out of town alot in the coming months. If that changes Ill let you know.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Brian,

I would love to, but my work schedule has me out of town alot in the coming months. If that changes Ill let you know.
    This is not a full time job, just help when you can, please reconsider and DO become a RTM for your region. Just a few hours a week can help a lot.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Brian, would this be a better map to use, it provides the county names.

Link for MAP

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Brian, would this be a better map to use, it provides the county names.

Link for MAP
    Thanks and done. So how about being a Team Member?? We can use good men like you. Do as much as you can, no minimum.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Brian, you can count me in.

Post imported post

Brian, I'll give it a shot.

Post imported post

Count me in.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Excellent that's 3 for the SE region. Anyone else?

Post imported post

Brian: As we talked about, I will help in any way I can as a "member" but I don't really feel qualified or have much time to spend as an area director.

Post imported post

Like the Idea !

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Brian: As we talked about, I will help in any way I can as a "member" but I don't really feel qualified or have much time to spend as an area director.
    Oh...I think you're a member all right. I'll put you down as a member in the SE region, so you'll have lots of help. We have 5 for that area, but none for the other regions. I was hoping to get at least one from each area.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    Oh...I think you're a member all right. I'll put you down as a member in the SE region, so you'll have lots of help. We have 5 for that area, but none for the other regions. I was hoping to get at least one from each area.
    Ok, if you insist. I'll give it a try, but no guarantees eh.:P

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    What no comment on by member comment. Or did you miss it?

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    WARCHILD wrote:
    What no comment on by member comment. Or did you miss it?
    The se is good you can keep eye on Canada

Post imported post

I don't like the disection of the Northern tip of the mitt. Get rid of the VERTICAL N/W, N/E regions, and instead go from Benzie County to Alcona County, I would throw my hat in the ring for the Northern tip to the Bridge.

Post imported post

UpNorth wrote:
    I don't like the disection of the Northern tip of the mitt. Get rid of the VERTICAL N/W, N/E regions, and instead go from Benzie County to Alcona County, I would throw my hat in the ring for the Northern tip to the Bridge.
    The lines are a guide, if you want to help out in those counties please do. A RTM doesn't have to stay just within his region. I'm from TC and get up there often and can help out with any plans for that area. So are you up for it? Can I put you down as a RTM for whatever area you would like to cover? I PMed you.

Post imported post

Monroe , lenawee , washtenaw if nobody hillsdale also

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Monroe , lenawee , washtenaw if nobody hillsdale also
    Do you want to help in those counties? Let me know.

Post imported post

After much deliberation(not really, just trying to make it sound good!) Ive decided to do it. So please put me down for SE Region.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

I'm on board for doing what I can, when I can. SE region, Oakland County primarily but will travel if/when I can.

As some of you may know, I have had numerous contacts with Auburn Hills officials to review a particular hunting ban ordinance which infringesgenerally on open carry. Currently it is with the city attorney who isreviewing toprovide guidance to the police department on handling OC'ers.

Due to my research into Pontiac's ordinances, I've found direct infringements on OC. I'vemade initial email contacts, with the standard attachments found here, to Pontiac PD and the Oakland County Prosecutor to discover their guidance to officers on enforceability of those. Haven't heard anything back yet.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    After much deliberation(not really, just trying to make it sound good!) Ive decided to do it. So please put me down for SE Region.
    Thank You.

Post imported post

The SE is covered fairly well. We have one RTM that will work in the Central North overlapping the NW and NE regions. We have no one for the UP, and I can work in the SW region. Please consider helping out whenever you can. Thanks to those that have stepped forward. Now get to work!

A partial list of RTMs

SE RTM’s

DanM
    Generaldet
    SpringerXDacp
    Warchild
    Warlockmatized
    Taxwhat

NCentral RTM’s

UpNorth

SW REGION

Venator, Darth AkSarBen, p8ntgames, jmlefler

Post imported post

I could help out a bit in the easter portion of SW if you need it. Im in Holt/Lansing area every other week or so.

Post imported post

Tucker,

Hit me up if you need help in the sw. I'm in kent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast