• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asking for volunteers to be regional team members

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

[align=left]VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
[/b]
[/b]To date members have worked independently as a grass roots operation with a small core group of people assisting where they can, and that has worked out well. There is no board of directors, no official officers, just volunteers doing what they can. But the [/b]Michigan[/b] Open Carry (MOC) movement is growing and with growth comes increasing responsibility as our actions could affect millions of [/b]Michigan[/b] gun owners.[/b]

[/b]It’s evident that open carry is growing in [/b]Michigan[/b]. With the recent arrest and dismissal for open carry in Grand Haven and the possible civil litigation to follow it’s prudent to consider the possibility that as word gets out those opposed to OC will start enacting ways to restrict or ban our OC right.[/b]

[/b]So, with the assistance of Gun Owners of America’s (GOA) Michigan Representative I’m asking for volunteers to be “MOC Regional Team Members” (MOC-RTM) with a goal of five for each region, that’s just 25 people total, and more is always welcome. These Team members would be the “go to person” in managing OC activities in their regions. Ideally I would like to see one contact person for each county, but for now 5 people per region would be very helpful. Duties for the contact person could include but not limited to any of the following.[/b]

[/b]1) [/b]Organize OC get-togethers, present talks on OC to local sportsman groups, gun clubs, Police agencies, etc. Develop other members to be county contact persons within their regions.[/b]

2) [/b]Contact and be interviewed by the media.[/b]

3) [/b]Keep abreast and post any current pro and anti-gun legislation in their regions.[/b]

4) [/b]Work to develop good relationships with Sheriffs, Local PDs, and Legislators in their regions. Also help with any clerical need e.g. mailings, fund-raising, etc.[/b]

[/b]Everyone has talents that they can use to promote the OC cause. The MOC-RTM would develop a network of talented volunteers within their region to assist them in promoting OC.[/b]

[/b]As a start I have divided the state into regions that takes into account Counties and to some extent senate political boundaries. There is some overlap between districts but at this time we will have to deal with this until we get more volunteers to work smaller areas within regions.[/b]

[/b]If you are interested in helping to represent and work in your area let me know either by posting here or by PMing me. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of OC in [/b]Michigan[/b] and by working together we can help protect not just our firearm rights but all our rights as Americans.
[/align]

[align=left]THANK YOU ALL, Brian Jeffs[/b]

[/b]To see the 2001 Senate map go to (map may be out of date):
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Senate_state_16748_7.pdf[/align]

SE RTM’s
[/b]
DanM
Generaldet
SpringerXDacp
Warchild

Rob Washeleski
Warlockmatized
Taxwhat

Tucker6900
SQLtables
stanr2

NCentral RTM’s[/b]

UpNorth

Northofnowhere

SW REGION[/b]

Venator
Darth AkSarBen
p8ntgames
jmlefler[/b]

[align=left][/b]
[/align]

Tucker6900

imported post

Brian,

I would love to, but my work schedule has me out of town alot in the coming months. If that changes Ill let you know.

Venator

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
Brian,

I would love to, but my work schedule has me out of town alot in the coming months. If that changes Ill let you know.
This is not a full time job, just help when you can, please reconsider and DO become a RTM for your region. Just a few hours a week can help a lot.

Venator

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Brian, would this be a better map to use, it provides the county names.

Link for MAP
Thanks and done. So how about being a Team Member?? We can use good men like you. Do as much as you can, no minimum.

WARCHILD

imported post

Brian: As we talked about, I will help in any way I can as a "member" but I don't really feel qualified or have much time to spend as an area director.

Venator

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Brian: As we talked about, I will help in any way I can as a "member" but I don't really feel qualified or have much time to spend as an area director.
Oh...I think you're a member all right.;) I'll put you down as a member in the SE region, so you'll have lots of help. We have 5 for that area, but none for the other regions. I was hoping to get at least one from each area.

WARCHILD

imported post

Venator wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
Oh...I think you're a member all right.;) I'll put you down as a member in the SE region, so you'll have lots of help. We have 5 for that area, but none for the other regions. I was hoping to get at least one from each area.
Ok, if you insist. I'll give it a try, but no guarantees eh.:p

Venator

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Venator wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
What no comment on by member comment. Or did you miss it?

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
Venator wrote:
WARCHILD wrote:
What no comment on by member comment. Or did you miss it?
The se is good you can keep eye on Canada

UpNorth

imported post

I don't like the disection of the Northern tip of the mitt. Get rid of the VERTICAL N/W, N/E regions, and instead go from Benzie County to Alcona County, I would throw my hat in the ring for the Northern tip to the Bridge.

Venator

imported post

UpNorth wrote:
I don't like the disection of the Northern tip of the mitt. Get rid of the VERTICAL N/W, N/E regions, and instead go from Benzie County to Alcona County, I would throw my hat in the ring for the Northern tip to the Bridge.
The lines are a guide, if you want to help out in those counties please do. A RTM doesn't have to stay just within his region. I'm from TC and get up there often and can help out with any plans for that area. So are you up for it? Can I put you down as a RTM for whatever area you would like to cover? I PMed you.

Tucker6900

imported post

After much deliberation(not really, just trying to make it sound good!) Ive decided to do it. So please put me down for SE Region.