Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mackinaw Bridge walk Labory day

Post imported post

Any one else going to this?? Plan to OC? In know the National Gaurd will be on hand, so it could be interesting.

http://www.mackinacbridge.org/annual-bridge-walk-7/

Post imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    Any one else going to this?? Plan to OC? In know the National Gaurd will be on hand, so it could be interesting.

http://www.mackinacbridge.org/annual-bridge-walk-7/
    It sounds like a good time to promote OC. As the site says "No Banners" or signs, everyone who goes could wear an Open Carry TShirt from the OC TShirt thread.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Thats what I was thinking. Plently of people to get the message outat a fun family event.

Post imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    Thats what I was thinking. Plently of people to get the message outat a fun family event.
    IT has a lot of press and media coverage don't forget try to get close to Governor and her bodyguard team they are MSP officers most plain clothed.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    IT has a lot of press and media coverage don't forget try to get close to Governor and her bodyguard team they are MSP officers most plain clothed.
    Why do that?
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Why do that?
    I think has was saying it's abad idea to get close to her period.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    Why do that?
    The media covers J G GOV like hawk with t-shirts and charisma would be on national TV with GOV and MSP remember the K K mayor thing ???

Post imported post

When I saw Jenny in a parade, she had no one but her husband anywhere near her. I bet there were MSP guys close by, but I didn't spot any. She was going up to groups of people, smiling and shaking hands. This was in Oak Park.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    When I saw Jenny in a parade, she had no one but her husband anywhere near her. I bet there were MSP guys close by, but I didn't spot any. She was going up to groups of people, smiling and shaking hands. This was in Oak Park.
    YOU saw them but were not looking one male Sgt driver several female plan brown wrappers .

Post imported post

I actually wouldn't mind doing this since my mother does it every year, and has been pestering me about it. Sadly however, I have promised to help a friend move this week.

Post imported post

Well given the responses maybe it isn't the best of ideas. Just a thought.

Post imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    You have to do what you think is right, But you wouldn't be breaking any laws. OC across the bridge is legal as long as you meet all the lawful requirements. IF you do OC, I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    You have to do what you think is right, But you wouldn't be breaking any laws. OC across the bridge is legal as long as you meet all the lawful requirements. IF you do OC, I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
    If media is what you wantmingle with all the movers and shakers think after 09-11-01 homeland security will be there , if not in view you may disappear !!!!

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!
    If well thought out with T - shirt and proper pre introduction it would fly but preplanning is MUST old boy scout be prepared

Post imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Springer,

Thats what I would do. Gets the word out and no chance of being arrested.

Much less "in your face" kind of act.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Tucker6900 wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out.
    I like that idea alot. But i am waiting for Doug to pm me back on a shirt

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Springer,

WHAT!:what: Wear a T-SHIRT that states open carry is legal, then wear an empty holster, how would that look? I can hear it now...."Hey Buddy, if it's legal why ain't ya doing it? Empty holster and the T-shirt is in my mind contraindicated.

An empty holster has it's place...in the legislative chambers where guns are not allowed, a court room, on a campus by students, but not where it IS LEGAL to OC.

Were one or the other but not both.

Post imported post

My answer would be...

"Because there are a lot of police officers that are un-aware of the law. Besides I need the exersize and they would just stop me for no reason and I wouldn't get my exersize." :P

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    My answer would be...

"Because there are a lot of police officers that are un-aware of the law. Besides I need the exersize and they would just stop me for no reason and I wouldn't get my exersize." :P
    But you get my point don't you..please say you do.

Post imported post

well duh!

Post imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Tucker6900 wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    I like that idea alot. But i am waiting for Doug to pm me back on a shirt
    You should post in the t-shirt thread so that ALL info is in the same place, makes it easyier for me. Also you need to state the size you want.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    dougwg wrote:
    Springer,

WHAT!:what: Wear a T-SHIRT that states open carry is legal, then wear an empty holster, how would that look? I can hear it now...."Hey Buddy, if it's legal why ain't ya doing it? Empty holster and the T-shirt is in my mind contraindicated.

An empty holster has it's place...in the legislative chambers where guns are not allowed, a court room, on a campus by students, but not where it IS LEGAL to OC.

Were one or the other but not both.

Brian, you do have a valid point. I know it would be the same as having the OC Booth at the Charity Event and handing out info pertaining to the legalities of OC while carrying an empty holster. :shock:

I was just simply throwing something out there for others to digest.

ETA: Oh my, 666.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

ETA: Oh my, 666.
    Uh oh. QUICK POST AGAIN!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast