• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mackinaw Bridge walk Labory day

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
My answer would be...

"Because there are a lot of police officers that are un-aware of the law. Besides I need the exersize and they would just stop me for no reason and I wouldn't get my exersize." :p
But you get my point don't you..please say you do.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
Venator wrote:
I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!
I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out. :uhoh:
I like that idea alot. But i am waiting for Doug to pm me back on a shirt :D
You should post in the t-shirt thread so that ALL info is in the same place, makes it easyier for me. Also you need to state the size you want.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Venator wrote:
dougwg wrote:
Springer,

Thats what I would do. Gets the word out and no chance of being arrested.

Much less "in your face" kind of act.

WHAT!:what: Wear a T-SHIRT that states open carry is legal, then wear an empty holster, how would that look? I can hear it now...."Hey Buddy, if it's legal why ain't ya doing it?:banghead: Empty holster and the T-shirt is in my mind contraindicated.

An empty holster has it's place...in the legislative chambers where guns are not allowed, a court room, on a campus by students, but not where it IS LEGAL to OC.

Were one or the other but not both.

Brian, you do have a valid point. I know it would be the same as having the OC Booth at the Charity Event and handing out info pertaining to the legalities of OC while carrying an empty holster. :shock:

I was just simply throwing something out there for others to digest. :)

ETA: Oh my, 666.

Dansjeep2000

imported post

dougwg wrote:
Dansjeep2000 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
Venator wrote:
I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!
I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out. :uhoh:
I like that idea alot. But i am waiting for Doug to pm me back on a shirt :D
You should post in the t-shirt thread so that ALL info is in the same place, makes it easyier for me. Also you need to state the size you want.
done thank you

Tucker6900

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Gotcha!!! Thank you. :)

Phew! That was close. Anyway, back on topic.

I think that OCing during this event while wearing your "Dont Panic" or " Did you know?" tee shirt would be a great idea. What are the chances that anyone will actually get close to Granholm anyway? Sure, there will be some that do, but the chances of it being someone who is promoting OC.....19.74%.(Thanks to Venator for teaching me how to come up with on the spot statistics:))

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

I think that OCing during this event while wearing your "Dont Panic" or " Did you know?" tee shirt would be a great idea. What are the chances that anyone will actually get close to Granholm anyway? Sure, there will be some that do, but the chances of it being someone who is promoting OC.....19.74%.(Thanks to Venator for teaching me how to come up with on the spot statistics:))
Seriously, I don't think it would be any more of aconcern then OCing at your local China-Mart. I suspect, most of the walkers will be in condition white and not even take notice of your T-Shirt, let alone, your firearm.

taxwhat

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

How about Guesstimate on how many LEOs or wannabes excluding and VIP guests that have CPLs ?

SpringerXDacp

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

How about Guesstimate on how many LEOs or wannabes excluding and VIP guests that have CPLs ?
Tax, are you asking how many LEO's +Walkers have CPL's? If so, no one will ever know.

taxwhat

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

I think that OCing during this event while wearing your "Dont Panic" or " Did you know?" tee shirt would be a great idea.What are the chance s that anyone will actually get close to Granholm anyway? Sure, there will be some that do, but the chances of it being someone who is promoting OC.....19.74%.(Thanks to Venator for teaching me how to come up with on the spot statistics:))
Tax, are you asking how many LEO's +Walkers have CPL's? If so, no one will ever know.
dougdg came up with very good plan !!then it went to"What are the chance s that anyone will actually get close to Granholm anyway?:" as stated some thought required At four different places on four different days bumped into her and MSP detail !

Venator

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Well based on the number of permits in Michigan and the adult population I would guess about 2.234% of all participants will have CPLs.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Well based on the number of permits in Michigan and the adult population I would guess about 2.234% of all participants will have CPLs.
Good job ! Now How many on or near big mac on Labor Day WITH GOVERNER ? may as well include home land security too please

Venator

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Venator wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:

Good job ! Now How many on or near big mac on Labor Day WITH GOVERNER ? may as well include home land security too please
None, because the Gov is mostly anti-gun and wouldn't want to appear a hypocrite..

taxwhat

imported post

BRIDGE WALK that maybe good!?!?!
tm46604.jpg

Sat, Aug 30, 2008
Grand Haven area residents won't have to drive 263 miles to join Gov. Jennifer Granholm at the Mackinac Bridge to participate in a bridge walk this Labor Day. In conjunction with similar community bridge walks across the state, Grand Haven is hosting its first-ever Third Street Bridge Walk at 9 a.m. Monday.