• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mackinaw Bridge walk Labory day

taxwhat

imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Thats what I was thinking. Plently of people to get the message outat a fun family event.
IT has a lot of press and media coverage don't forget try to get close to Governor and her bodyguard team they are MSP officers most plain clothed.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
taxwhat wrote:
IT has a lot of press and media coverage don't forget try to get close to Governor and her bodyguard team they are MSP officers most plain clothed.
Why do that?
The media covers J G GOV like hawk with t-shirts and charisma would be on national TV with GOV and MSP remember the K K mayor thing ???

Michigander

imported post

When I saw Jenny in a parade, she had no one but her husband anywhere near her. I bet there were MSP guys close by, but I didn't spot any. She was going up to groups of people, smiling and shaking hands. This was in Oak Park.

taxwhat

imported post

Michigander wrote:
When I saw Jenny in a parade, she had no one but her husband anywhere near her. I bet there were MSP guys close by, but I didn't spot any. She was going up to groups of people, smiling and shaking hands. This was in Oak Park.
YOU saw them but were not looking one male Sgt driver several female plan brown wrappers .

ghostrider

imported post

I actually wouldn't mind doing this since my mother does it every year, and has been pestering me about it. Sadly however, I have promised to help a friend move this week.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Well given the responses maybe it isn't the best of ideas. Just a thought.
You have to do what you think is right, But you wouldn't be breaking any laws. OC across the bridge is legal as long as you meet all the lawful requirements. IF you do OC, I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.

taxwhat

imported post

Venator wrote:
Dansjeep2000 wrote:
Well given the responses maybe it isn't the best of ideas. Just a thought.
You have to do what you think is right, But you wouldn't be breaking any laws. OC across the bridge is legal as long as you meet all the lawful requirements. IF you do OC, I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
If media is what you wantmingle with all the movers and shakers think after 09-11-01 homeland security will be there , if not in view you may disappear !!!!

Tucker6900

imported post

Venator wrote:
I wouldn't walk near the GOV, but that's me.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Tucker6900 wrote:
Venator wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. It would be like trying to get into the whitehouse while OC'ing. Security would freak!
I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out. :uhoh:

Dansjeep2000

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Tucker6900 wrote:
Venator wrote:
I suppose that those who plan to attend the Walk could take the"I'd rather be safe than sorry" approach and wear their OC T-Shirts and carry empty holsters...just to see how it works out. :uhoh:
I like that idea alot. But i am waiting for Doug to pm me back on a shirt :D

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dougwg wrote:
Springer,

Thats what I would do. Gets the word out and no chance of being arrested.

Much less "in your face" kind of act.

WHAT!:what: Wear a T-SHIRT that states open carry is legal, then wear an empty holster, how would that look? I can hear it now...."Hey Buddy, if it's legal why ain't ya doing it?:banghead: Empty holster and the T-shirt is in my mind contraindicated.

An empty holster has it's place...in the legislative chambers where guns are not allowed, a court room, on a campus by students, but not where it IS LEGAL to OC.

Were one or the other but not both.