• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Holster

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CCarry wrote:
ainokea wrote:
2. It is a lot more comfortable to wear a gun on your leg when you are riding horses. When it is on your hip it tends to jam into your ribs. That is why in the wild west days cowboys wore their guns hanging down low.
So you are a wannabe cowboy? The wild west days are long gone. No indians are going to rob you of your horse!
So I can't figure out what you mean... Are you saying nobody needs to carry when they ride horses?

scorpioajr

imported post

On average, i see roughly 4-5 people a day on horseback. it is still a popular hobby/mode of transport for some in this area. So it is reasonable to prepare to carry thusly.

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
On average, i see roughly 4-5 people a day on horseback. it is still a popular hobby/mode of transport for some in this area. So it is reasonable to prepare to carry thusly.
You dont live in the SL valley, do you? I see some guy on a horse in Midvale Im running him over with my truck. :cool:
I'd trade my truck for a horse (or two) any day of the week...

Edit: and no, im not a cowboy.

ainokea

imported post

CCarry wrote:
ainokea wrote:
2. It is a lot more comfortable to wear a gun on your leg when you are riding horses. When it is on your hip it tends to jam into your ribs. That is why in the wild west days cowboys wore their guns hanging down low.
So you are a wannabe cowboy? The wild west days are long gone. No indians are going to rob you of your horse!

ainokea wrote:
3. This reason wasn't planned but I bought it to screw with you!!:D
What is that supposed to mean? Are you threatening me?

This is great I am usually some what of an outsider on here. I'll bite and play with you.

No, I am not afraid of the indians. There are however other threats such as bears, crazy wackos in the hills,or the potential of your horse getting seriously injured and need to put it down, more humane then letting it suffer.

No, i am not threating you. The fact that you decided to get so up in arms over what holster I boughtwas an added bonus to my purchase. I gave you another thing to complain about. And the bonus for me of being able to debate you today. (Which I thourghly enjoy):lol:

Hiredgun30

imported post

i am curious why the model 21 sf doesnt fit in the serpa made for model 21.

i bought a serpa for a model 21, and it fit my model 30 well..
i since have sold my model 30 and now have a model 31 in 357 sig.
the serpa fits the 31 just alittle loose but still keeps the pistol inside the holster until the release is enganged.

mdguy90

imported post

I plan on getting a thigh holster because I cant't CC, and where I live the temp goes to 20 below, so i need a coat

ainokea

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
i am curious why the model 21 sf doesnt fit in the serpa made for model 21.

i bought a serpa for a model 21, and it fit my model 30 well..
i since have sold my model 30 and now have a model 31 in 357 sig.
the serpa fits the 31 just alittle loose but still keeps the pistol inside the holster until the release is enganged.

The problem is with the picatanny rail it make the glock wider then a standard glock and makes it not fit in the holsters. I tried a regular glock 21 holster and it would not fit.

it_g21sf-3.jpg

It was discussed a little over here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/13478.html

Singlestack

imported post

at my place of employment, we are authorized in carrying the blackhawk serpa thigh rig. I love it for at work, it doesn't slid all over your thigh, making you feel like Barney Fife getting all excited. It stable and the leg straps are moveable so you can adjust the tension of the straps around your thigh. However, and if anyone can help, I am dismayed and not being able to find the serpa holster for my S&W 1911 w/ a tact. rail for RH as a waist band concealed hoslter. I've searched blackhawk's site, and well... I just may be a dee dee dee and not looking hard enough... but the serpa thigh rig, with the push button release is an awesome retention holster...

Btw, I am currently using a Milt Sparks IWB holster...