• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local OC places

JohnKelly

imported post

I'm curious if you folks use retention holster when you open carry, or not.

Cyklopz

imported post

Usually I do, a serpa sportster. Today I was wearing my supertuck as I am trying to break it in. With it being IWB it is not really a big target for "grabs" but even so it is not meant for general OC. While I do OC some (to help keep the right alive and well) I am also in the process of getting my KY CCDW to use sometimes.

I have my advanced conceal carry class this next Sunday.

Cy

PS: I also have my wife around to help with SA and such.

Cyklopz

imported post

My wife and I went camping from Thursday through Saturday morning down at Bee Rock on the Rockcastle river. OC'd the whole time, no issues at the camp ground. Our dogs got a lot of attention though. :D We stopped at a gas station on the way in but no issues there either.

Cy

Cyklopz

imported post

Another day of OC going to Canoe Creek and running a couple of errands. Went to a CVS and the dry cleaners. Wife is feeling better about it while there are no issues to date.

Cy