• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how do you OC in winter?

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Youth is not a bad problem to have.

Working through those cold weather OC issues will help you appreciate CC later. Don't you just love old coots ladling on this "wisdom." :D

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
If you want a jacket with weapon access, check this out.

They have the brown version available in every size (for now at least) at nearly as low a price.

I think I may just buy one. I might even get a VCDL logo put on the ID panels. Either that, or just CITIZEN. :D

mdguy90

imported post

"Youth is not a bad problem to have.

Working through those cold weather OC issues will help you appreciate CC later. Don't you just love old coots ladling on this "wisdom." "

are you really that old :p

mdguy90

imported post

cccook wrote:
mdguy90 wrote:
are you really that old :p
No, I'm 47. I was just teasing. Enjoy the years when teenagers don't call you "mister" though.

Yes sir :lol:

Since im already in the market for a level 2 serpa holster, I think I will get the duty one that hangs lower.

Now I just gotta wait for the bank to send my card

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
mdguy90 wrote:
XD-GEM wrote:
mdguy90 wrote:
my age keeps me from doing that.
Don't worry, you'll grow out of that.

not soon enough im afraid, multiple years
You'll be surprised. I heard a song on the radio the other day "You're Gonna Miss This"but right now I'm too tired to think of the artist. Oh 'tis true, 'tis true.

Trace Adkins

jbowers24

imported post

Long sleeve shirts with a sweatshirt over. Itwill generally tuck behind the grip if they aren't too long. Unless you're outside waiting for a bus or something, that should work. Of course it is your first winter here, so your tolerance may differ.

RaidersRule

imported post

I've the oppostie problem in Texas. It's much easier for me to conceal in the winter than it is in the warmer months, especially if I want to carry my Sig P2022. :banghead:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

RaidersRule wrote:
I've the oppostie problem in Texas. It's much easier for me to conceal in the winter than it is in the warmer months, especially if I want to carry my Sig P2022. :banghead:
Support the open carry push in Texas and you may not have to worry about that much longer :D.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
RaidersRule wrote:
I've the opposite problem in Texas. It's much easier for me to conceal in the winter than it is in the warmer months, especially if I want to carry my Sig P2022. :banghead:
Support the open carry push in Texas and you may not have to worry about that much longer :D.
Also, supportconcealed carryon campus. Welcome to the forum RaidersRule, glad to have you here. http://http://concealedcampus.org/

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

AbNo wrote:
OC in winter?

Same as I OC in hot weather, only I tuck my hoodie behind my holster as well.

Yes, even when it's snowing. :)
lol I lived in MN for 18 years, and now I live in NC. The NC natives still can't believe it when I wander around in sandals when it's "freezing" outside, lol!

AbNo

imported post

DreQo wrote:
AbNo wrote:
OC in winter?

Same as I OC in hot weather, only I tuck my hoodie behind my holster as well.

Yes, even when it's snowing. :)
lol I lived in MN for 18 years, and now I live in NC. The NC natives still can't believe it when I wander around in sandals when it's "freezing" outside, lol!
Pfft, I remember it being 60 in Miami four years ago. I'm standing outside like it's nothing, and I see some guy in one of those Starter football jackets rubbing his hands and shivering. :quirky

libertyrules

imported post

I live in SE Colorado. My weapon is a Stainless steel S&W .357 mag bodyguard.My holster is a OWB which I use for both OC and CC. Summers are unbearable hot, good for OC. Winters are generally so cold, I just CC outside, & OC inside, whatever's convenient. I don't worry about it too much. I'm certainly not going to wear some outlandish rig, just so I can OC. Practically everybody knows me in this little town, and know I carry - so I don't need to make a statement. I am the only one in town who OC's, other than the LEOs. Don't know who CC's. Don't really care.

mdguy90

imported post

I'm trying to draw the least attention as possible, which is why I'll probably get the blackhawk duty holster

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marshaul wrote:
MetalChris wrote:
If you want a jacket with weapon access, check this out.

They have the brown version available in every size (for now at least) at nearly as low a price.

I think I may just buy one. I might even get a VCDL logo put on the ID panels. Either that, or just CITIZEN. :D
Well, I bought one, and I must say for the price it is a *nice* jacket! I can see why they charge $200+ for the models that actually sell (i.e. not brown :p). Easily worth the $80 or so I paid.

Edit: the price has gone up since I ordered... 5.11 Tactical 5-in-1 Field Jacket - BROWN - CLOSEOUT