• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comcast.net Forums poll: should teachers be allowed to carry concealed firearms?

Orygunner

imported post

I was browsing through the Comcast.net forums today, and they've got a poll at the top of the "News & Current Events" forum.

"Do you think teachers should be allowed to carry concealed firearms? "

I voted, and was dismayed to discover that 59% voted NO (only 41% Yes). after 647 votes. :(

I can only link to the forum page, and hope y'all see the poll as well and turn it around.

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/board?board.id=news

It's right above the threads listing. Tell me if you see it.

...Thanks...
...Orygunner...

Edit: Thanks PT111 for the direct link, works like a charm!:

http://community.comcast.net/comcastportal/poll_view?poll.id=953&action=cast_vote

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well it is on the comcast forums.

I don't watch TV, but I can only imagine that those who do have a very skewed perspective on reality.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

No, they should be allowed to OPEN carry :p. I voted, but it's still heavy on the no side. I'd really love to hear their reasons for saying no. I'm sure the answers would be something like "Guns don't belong in schools"and "I don't want my kid exposed to guns"....which really doesn't explain anything. :?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

They need a different poll question:

"Should teachers who don't want to CC be allowed to teach our children?"