• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AzCDL Annual Meeting – October 18, 2008

azcdlfred

imported post

The Arizona Citizens Defense League cordially invites you to our Annual Meeting of Members on October 18, 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Hotel, 2532 West Peoria Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona.

:celebrateThe tasteful open carrying of firearms is appreciated. :celebrate

:quirkyAll attendees will be eligible for our door prize drawing of a $2,000 Front Sight Course Certificate. :quirky

Prior to the meeting, lunch will be served at 1:00 PM. Those having lunch need to pre-pay by September 27, 2008.

The fee for lunch is $25 per person. The price includes a FREE Basic Annual AzCDL membership!

:arrow:Attention Tucson Area Residents! Save gas! The Crowne Plaza in Phoenix is about a 240 mile round trip from Tucson. If your car gets around 20 miles per gallon, you’re looking at about $50 for gasoline for the trip. If we get enough Tucson area residents committed to coming to our Annual Meeting, for $50 AzCDL will charter a bus to take you to the Annual Meeting and back, AND provide your lunch at the Crowne Plaza, AND give you an AzCDL Basic Annual membership. That’s an impossible to beat deal! If you are interested, email Charles Heller (today!) at Charles@LibertyWatchRadio.com and add your name to the list.

The schedule of events, menu options, information on our guest speakers, and a reservation form can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/5l2sk2 (Invitation).
http://tinyurl.com/6rdclv (Reservation Form).
(If you need a copy of these forms sent to you, please send an email to Fred: treasurer@AzCDL.org

The guest speakers this year will be Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives James P. Weiers and attorney Michael P. Anthony.

A number of State Legislators and candidates for State seats will also be in attendance and available to share their views.

Reservations must be received by Saturday, September 27, 2008.

Pre-payment is required to reserve meals.

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today!

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom

Copyright © 2008 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved. [/b]

Dahwg

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
The Arizona Citizens Defense League cordially invites you to our Annual Meeting of Members on October 18, 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Hotel, 2532 West Peoria Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona.

:celebrateThe tasteful open carrying of firearms is appreciated. :celebrate

:quirkyAll attendees will be eligible for our door prize drawing of a $2,000 Front Sight Course Certificate. :quirky

Prior to the meeting, lunch will be served at 1:00 PM. Those having lunch need to pre-pay by September 27, 2008.

The fee for lunch is $25 per person. The price includes a FREE Basic Annual AzCDL membership!

:arrow:Attention Tucson Area Residents! Save gas! The Crowne Plaza in Phoenix is about a 240 mile round trip from Tucson. If your car gets around 20 miles per gallon, you’re looking at about $50 for gasoline for the trip. If we get enough Tucson area residents committed to coming to our Annual Meeting, for $50 AzCDL will charter a bus to take you to the Annual Meeting and back, AND provide your lunch at the Crowne Plaza, AND give you an AzCDL Basic Annual membership. That’s an impossible to beat deal! If you are interested, email Charles Heller (today!) at Charles@LibertyWatchRadio.com and add your name to the list.

The schedule of events, menu options, information on our guest speakers, and a reservation form can be found at:
(If you need a copy of these forms sent to you, please send an email to Fred: treasurer@AzCDL.org

The guest speakers this year will be Speaker of the Arizona House of Representatives James P. Weiers and attorney Michael P. Anthony.

A number of State Legislators and candidates for State seats will also be in attendance and available to share their views.

Reservations must be received by Saturday, September 27, 2008.

Pre-payment is required to reserve meals.

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today!

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom

Copyright © 2008 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved. [/b]
Contacted Charles and put my name on the bus list today. It would be good to see some of my fellow OCDO compadres on the bus.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I had a question regarding the meeting:

As any AZ CCW holder knows, it is illegal to carry a firearm, concealed or not, into an establishment which sells alcohol for consumption on the premises. I know AZCDL wouldn't purposefully have its members break the law, so I did some digging. On the AZ DPS web site, I found the following in a FAQ:

Can I carry a firearm into an establishment that serves alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises if I have my CCW permit? No. No one (except police officers) may carry a firearm (concealed or not) into any establishment that serves alcoholic drinks for consumption on the premises (this includes restaurants). The only exceptions are: 1) you temporarily enter such an establishment for the purpose of reporting an emergency and do not receive, possess or consume an alcoholic drink; 2) you are the licensee or an employee (acting with the licensee's permission) of such an establishment; 3) you are summoned to assist a peace officer who is acting in the official performance of official duties; 4) to enter hotel or motel guest room accommodations or 5) the exhibition or display of a firearm in conjunction with a meeting, show, class or similar event. Active and retired officers carrying under LEOSA may be prohibited from carrying concealed weapons if the establishment is posted, see the LEOSA page for details. (ARS 4-244.29 - 30, 13-3102.C.1 and Public Law 108-277)

Obviously, #4 appears to only apply to a guest rooms, and not any other part of the hotel.

#5 seems to allow for the carrying of firearms into places which sell alcohol if it is due to a meeting, show, etc. The only possible sticking point is how "exhibition or display" is interpreted. I couldn't find anything that would necessarily define "exhibition or display" as the act of carrying a firearm on your person.

Is there anything you can tell me about this? I'm just not willing to risk losing my CCW permit over making a political statement, no matter how important it is. I carry not just to exercise my rights, but also, and just as importantly, to keep myself and my family safe.

Thanks

azcdlfred

imported post

Slayer of Paper wrote:
I know AZCDL wouldn't purposefully have its members break the law
Damn skippy we wouldn't do anything to get you arrested. The meeting is in a "private" meeting room of the hotel. Lunch is served there. No alcohol will be served. Last year's meeting was at the same hotel under the same circumstances - no problems were encountered. We even have a clause in our contract with the hotel acknowledging that we will all be wearing firearms.

Hope to see you there! :celebrate

Fred

azcdlfred

kenpoprofessor

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:
Please notify mevia emailkenpoprofessor@msn.com closer to this event, I don't want to miss it.

A caveat Clyde - reservations are required. Would you like me to send you an email version of the RSVP so you can mail it in?

Fred
PS - You can also access the invitation and RSVP here:

Yes, please send it, I can't access the links you provided. Or, can I do it on the AZCDL website?

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

azcdlfred

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
azcdlfred wrote:
Yes, please send it, I can't access the links you provided. Or, can I do it on the AZCDL website?
I was worried that those links wouldn't work. They are to the Yahoo Alerts list.

:arrow: IF ANYONE WANTS AN INVITATION SENT TO THEM - EMAIL ME AT TREASURER@AZCDL.ORG :exclaim:

Unfortunately the meeting invitations won't be posted on the AzCDL website until later this week when I get the files back. While I was working on getitng 1400 annual meeting invitations ready for mailing (2 weeks worth of work) someone else was making website edits and I no longer have a current version of the website. The new files are being sent to me.

Fred

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Are you going to have any of the RSVP forms at the show next month? If so, I can sign up then.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

azcdlfred

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Are you going to have any of the RSVP forms at the show next month? If so, I can sign up then.
Absolutely Clyde! At both Tucson shows, the Phoenix show and GRPC (if we don't run out) we'll have the reservation forms.

:celebrate It's a screamin' deal! For $25 you get a discounted AzCDL membership and a FREE fancy sit down dinner at the annual meeting.

Fred

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wish I could have have been there Fred, was moving that weekend. Now that the move is over and i have begun my new job, things are well. Need more AZCDL get togethers.

azcdlfred

imported post

dreamcro wrote:
Wish I could have have been there Fred, was moving that weekend. Now that the move is over and i have begun my new job, things are well. Need more AZCDL get togethers.
Wish you could have been there. Thanks to our presence at the GRPC, we managed to have about 175 people sign up.

Re: More get togethers. 175 people repesents only about 15% of our membership and we had to heavily subsidize the costs to get people to attend. Over the years, we have learned that the bulk of our membership is more into action than into meetings :)

At least 40% of our membership is in the Tucson area. We're looking into alternating our annual meetings between Phoenix and Tucson.

As we continute to grow, if the demand is for more meetings, we'll do 'em. Right now, the demand is just not there.

Fred

azcdlfred

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
aw i didnt even see this thread. whens the next one?
Next one is probably October 2009. To keep up to date, I invite you to subscribe to our Alerts. It's also the best way to keep abreast of Arizona legislation that is pending.

You can also catch up on news on ourNews Page (check out the latest story of Democrats comparing gun owners to child molesters!)

Fred