• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Took the plunge

impulse

imported post

So I finally took the plunge and OC'd today. First stopped at a pizze shop to get a bite to eat (in Scottsdale), with my buddies. They were carrying concealed I was OC. The workers didn't seem too notice. But the guy sitting next to us was fixated onto my dull,flatblack glock. I could see out the of the corner of my eye and tried not to laugh. Then we were on our way to the Scottsdale Gun Club. WOW this place was heaven. I could of spent hours looking around. Anyway we did some shooting (300 rounds each :) ). Then when I thought we were done I see my buddy walking out with a associate. The associate was carrying a case, which I thought was my shotgun I brought. He opens it up and reveals a M4(fully auto, not a M16M4) with red dot sight. My friend says to me " A little going away present" My eyes light up and I'm grinning from ear to ear. I put a couple mags through it, so did my friends.

After shooting the 5.56 beast, I turned and said to them. " Out of all the guns you had to choose from, you chose a M4? I will using one of these for 6 years!" They started laughing and thanked them. We left, went to the gas station and a few others places. Got a couple looks but nothing big. I am finally home, all ready too lazy to clean the G17 and my Mossy 500 lol. I wish I had a couple questions from strangers regarding OC'ing, but I think I can settle for what I got. :D

Michigander

imported post

You gotta OC a lot to get questions around here. Mostly it's just questions about gun and holster types.

The gun club is fricken awesome isn't it? Many thanks again to Curt for showing me the place. :cool:

madcapmag

imported post

SCG is awesome! I'm there weekly on Suday's from 12-2 making sure people are safe, but after that, I'll spend a couple hours shooting. Its certainly nicer than standing outside when its hot! Its always funny when someone starts shooting an M4 or an AK or whatever else long gun and suddenly a bunch of people stop shooting and start looking. Its always cool to hear BANG BANG BANG then a BOOM and a little shockwave to the chest.

Grats on your OC! Even in Snottsdale, I haven't gotten hassled. Maybe we should get a get together happening sometime.

impulse

imported post

I'm down for a get together.

I just got of the phone with one of my friends. And they said they tried to rent a P nasty opps I mean P90 (too much Call of Duty 4 haha), but they didn't have any ammo :(

Madcapmag: I assume you work their? I was talking to a range master and said " Hey I'll trade you jobs" He said they were hiring. Whats the age requirement etc etc.

madcapmag

imported post

I volunteer there for a couple hours. Ask around and they'll point you in the right direction! They are out of the 5.7mm, but luckily I've got a connection for cheap case prices. Fortunate for me, but I suppose not for the lonely P-90. Thats a gun and a half... fun to shoot!

curtm1911

imported post

Michigander,

Thanks for the thanks, anytime you want to go again, you know how to contact me. It was a pleasure to meet you.

madcapmag,

I see I need to make a trip to the club during your hours there and meet you. Tell Terry & Nadine I said Hi, they are great people. I think I will come out for my B'Day MP-5 this coming Sunday, the 7th, and I hope to meet you then.

To All Other Az. Members,

Go visit the club, it is well worth the trip. If you will go to Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop, go visit the club, it is every bit as cool as those places, and in some ways, MORE!!!

One More Topic:

Let's make a Camp Verde trip happen, I am up for it, ready, and more than willing. Good places to camp around there too, and the weather is getting to be the reason we live here. No Excuses, Let's Do This!!!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

madcapmag

imported post

curtm1911, I'll be there on Sunday! Asian guy dressed in the SCG polo and khaki colored cargo pants. Probably be delegated to keeping the range under control. The 6th and 7th will be Bushmaster days and the Bushmaster rep will be there. Expect it to be busy!

If you want to shoot the P-90, let me know. I've got plenty of ammo!