Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What NOT to do when you Open Carry

Post imported post

I'm hungry and my tank is on empty. i pull into a 7-11 near my job this morning and fill up. How i love those cinnamon buns then have fresh each morning i say!

So, i walk in and proceed to get my tasty morning treat. The store was crowded, but no one seemed to notice i was carrying UNTIL i managed to drop the entire tray of tasty cinnamon buns on the floor. "Awww Crap" i said in a slightly elevated voice....yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....

Needless to say i was embarrassed and i have no clue how this happened. i think it was rigged or boobie trapped of something.

Post imported post

We all know you subconsciously did it on purpose. Your sidearm just needed a little attention. :P

Post imported post

Smooth move Exlax! :P

I have been getting a lot more attenition now that I OC in my Kilt regularly!:celebrate

Post imported post

HAHA.. good work!

Actually, I don't mind the attention. I like walking with my 4 year old daughter. Her head is right at gun level and everybody wants to look at the cute little girl. I can actually watch peoples expression change when their eyes go from cute little girl to "OMG A GUN!"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....
    I love it yeahYeah. Just think, all those people got to see a real live "gun totin'" law abiding citizen doing the right thing. You totally dispelled any belief that all OCers are mall ninjas that those people may have had. Nice work. I bet you planned the whole thing...just waited for the right moment. Gun rights activism at its best. It's brilliant. :celebrate

Post imported post

i fear that i ruined 2 tasty cinammon buns!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i fear that i ruined 2 tasty cinammon buns!
    Only 2? Did you pick up the rest of the tray within 5 seconds? :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

i'm sorry...3

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

It's cinnamon buns. 5 is good enough.:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It's my understanding that sullied pastries make excellent targets. They blow apart nicely and the ants will clean up the mess. Of course I'm totally making this up. I did like your story though.

Post imported post

I may never be able to enter that 7-11 again. i have sullied my good name and brought shame upon my face.

Post imported post

need to change your forum name to DESTROYER of BUNNS

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

And we're to believe that you can SAFELY draw your weapon from it's holster without an AD or dropping it?

Sheeesh!!!! :what:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

This is EXACTLY where it is appropriate to be a police apologist.

"Everything is OK, people. Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else. Nothing to see here. Move along please."

(joke, everybody)
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:

"Everything is OK, people. Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else. Nothing to see here. Move along please."

(joke, everybody)
    no one would have believed him, he was reaching for the wrong pastry product...

(the preceding comment was meant in a purely satirical nature, and wasn't mean't as a negative statement towards the law enforcement community or the pastry industry.)

:celebrate

no bananas were harmed in the making of this post.

Post imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
    Citizen wrote:

"Everything is OK, people.* Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else.* Nothing to see here.* Move along please."

(joke, everybody)
    no one would have believed him, he was reaching for the wrong pastry product...

(the preceding comment was meant in a purely satirical nature, and wasn't mean't as a negative statement towards the law enforcement community or the pastry industry.)

no bananas were harmed in the making of this post.
    I laughed.

Then I KILLED and ATE a banana.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    I'm hungry and my tank is on empty. i pull into a 7-11 near my job this morning and fill up. How i love those cinnamon buns then have fresh each morning i say!

So, i walk in and proceed to get my tasty morning treat. The store was crowded, but no one seemed to notice i was carrying UNTIL i managed to drop the entire tray of tasty cinnamon buns on the floor. "Awww Crap" i said in a slightly elevated voice....yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....

Needless to say i was embarrassed and i have no clue how this happened. i think it was rigged or boobie trapped of something.
    They were probably wondering why you had an entire tray of cinna buns. Why was that?

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I laughed.

Then I KILLED and ATE a banana.

:shock::what:
    but what about the poor bananas?!?

Why won't you thaink about the bananas?!?

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    yeahYeah wrote:

They were probably wondering why you had an entire tray of cinna buns. Why was that?
    i had to pull the tray out to select the bun i wanted. not sure why they fall. Mrs. yeahYeah thinks i am accident prone.

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i had to pull the tray out to select the bun i wanted. not sure why they fall. Mrs. yeahYeah thinks i am accident prone.
    well, generally the trays aren't bolted into the display stand. If you pull one out far enough, surprisingly, it will fall...

Post imported post

treat all trays as if there loaded

always rember a tray loaded with buns left alone will not fall by it self:celebrate

Post imported post

i had the tray pointed in a safe direction at least

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
    i had the tray pointed in a safe direction at least
    But obviously you didn't check the safety.

Your on probation for the next 3 months. Another infraction like this and your PTHP (Pastry Tray Handling Permit) will be revoked permenantly.

You DID have a permit.........didn't you?

Post imported post

This is a pastry tray carrying state. i don't need a permit. this is quite unfair and against my rights. the buns didn't go off, there was no negligant sugar discharge, no one was injured.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Won't someone think of the children dang it. If there were no pastries, kids wouldn't be fat! We all agree it's the pastries fault that people are fat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast