• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What NOT to do when you Open Carry

yeahYeah

imported post

I'm hungry and my tank is on empty. i pull into a 7-11 near my job this morning and fill up. How i love those cinnamon buns then have fresh each morning i say!

So, i walk in and proceed to get my tasty morning treat. The store was crowded, but no one seemed to notice i was carrying UNTIL i managed to drop the entire tray of tasty cinnamon buns on the floor. "Awww Crap" i said in a slightly elevated voice....yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....

Needless to say i was embarrassed and i have no clue how this happened. i think it was rigged or boobie trapped of something.

SQLtables

imported post

HAHA.. good work!

Actually, I don't mind the attention. I like walking with my 4 year old daughter. Her head is right at gun level and everybody wants to look at the cute little girl. I can actually watch peoples expression change when their eyes go from cute little girl to "OMG A GUN!"

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....
I love it yeahYeah. Just think, all those people got to see a real live "gun totin'" law abiding citizen doing the right thing. You totally dispelled any belief that all OCers are mall ninjas that those people may have had. Nice work. I bet you planned the whole thing...just waited for the right moment. Gun rights activism at its best. It's brilliant. :celebrate

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's my understanding that sullied pastries make excellent targets. They blow apart nicely and the ants will clean up the mess. Of course I'm totally making this up. I did like your story though.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This is EXACTLY where it is appropriate to be a police apologist.

"Everything is OK, people. Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else. Nothing to see here. Move along please."

:D

(joke, everybody)

unreconstructed1

imported post

Citizen wrote:

"Everything is OK, people. Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else. Nothing to see here. Move along please."

(joke, everybody)

no one would have believed him, he was reaching for the wrong pastry product...

[align=center](the preceding comment was meant in a purely satirical nature, and wasn't mean't as a negative statement towards the law enforcement community or the pastry industry.)[/align]
[align=center]:celebrate[/align]
[align=center]no bananas were harmed in the making of this post.[/align]

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

unreconstructed1 wrote:
Citizen wrote:

"Everything is OK, people.  Police are as susceptible to making mistakes as anyone else.  Nothing to see here.  Move along please."

(joke, everybody)

no one would have believed him, he was reaching for the wrong pastry product...

[align=center](the preceding comment was meant in a purely satirical nature, and wasn't mean't as a negative statement towards the law enforcement community or the pastry industry.)[/align]
[align=center]:celebrate[/align]
[align=center]no bananas were harmed in the making of this post.[/align]

I laughed.

Then I KILLED and ATE a banana.

:celebrate

Statesman

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
I'm hungry and my tank is on empty. i pull into a 7-11 near my job this morning and fill up. How i love those cinnamon buns then have fresh each morning i say!

So, i walk in and proceed to get my tasty morning treat. The store was crowded, but no one seemed to notice i was carrying UNTIL i managed to drop the entire tray of tasty cinnamon buns on the floor. "Awww Crap" i said in a slightly elevated voice....yep...they all knew now. Here, i am, kneeling on the floor cleaning my mess up as people online look at me and my side arm....

Needless to say i was embarrassed and i have no clue how this happened. i think it was rigged or boobie trapped of something.
They were probably wondering why you had an entire tray of cinna buns. Why was that?

yeahYeah

imported post

Statesman wrote:
yeahYeah wrote:

They were probably wondering why you had an entire tray of cinna buns. Why was that?
i had to pull the tray out to select the bun i wanted. not sure why they fall. Mrs. yeahYeah thinks i am accident prone.

unreconstructed1

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
i had to pull the tray out to select the bun i wanted. not sure why they fall. Mrs. yeahYeah thinks i am accident prone.
well, generally the trays aren't bolted into the display stand. If you pull one out far enough, surprisingly, it will fall...:D