• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Business Card

Armed

imported post

Hey - newbie on the board here, so forgive me if I'm rehashing, but I can't find this.

I have read several references to a business type card that someone made up, that contains information about OC / gun laws, that you hand out to someone who asks you about your sidearm. I was of the impression someone on thisboard was distributing a word file or something for this.

Can anybody point in the right direction?

Thanx!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

They change little by little.. but basically they look like this:

ocinfocard.jpg

back-1.jpg

TFred

imported post

Would it be possible for the owner/keeper of these cards to just post a link to a Word, or PDF file that would print onto a standard sized Avery business card stock?

Also... it would be really great if we had a sticky thread for this and other printable handouts/resources and legal references (such as pertinent state web sites and code snippets). Maybe not even an open thread, but one that could be updated by the list owners from time to time as required.

Each state forum could use one of these sticky threads, it might even inspire someone to create such documents, if they do not yet exist.

Just a thought.

TFred

ed

imported post

TFred wrote:
Would it be possible for the owner/keeper of these cards to just post a link to a Word, or PDF file?"
Just a thought.
It's not a word or PDF file. It is a VistaPrint file. I could make it a PDF but that you could not edit it. Sometimes people throw in a couple bucks, sometimes they PayPal me.. but it is never required.. I kust do them for free as part of my activism. Send me a PM with your address and I wil be happy to send you some.. and when you run out.. I will send you some more :)

Ed

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:
TFred wrote:
Would it be possible for the owner/keeper of these cards to just post a link to a Word, or PDF file?"
Just a thought.
It's not a word or PDF file. It is a VistaPrint file. I could make it a PDF but that you could not edit it. Sometimes people throw in a couple bucks, sometimes they PayPal me.. but it is never required.. I kust do them for free as part of my activism. Send me a PM with your address and I wil be happy to send you some.. and when you run out.. I will send you some more :)

Ed
Thanks, I appreciate that... message coming presently...

I am just sure that there are a few folks who wouldn't want to bother you (or who may just be shy :)) that would use the cards if they were available with no additional "help".

TFred

ed

imported post

A big batch of cards went out today.. If you had been waiting... they should arrive soon. I was away for the past few days but am back now! Also.. S.A.S.E should have 2 stamps on them