• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't worry guys...Obama will not take our guns

yeahYeah

imported post

...which in liberal talk means an AWB. AK's are not the gun of choice for criminals.

Originally Posted by Barack Obama The reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than they are for those plagued by gang violence in Cleveland, but don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals.

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I have to wonder:

How many crimes were committed in the U.S. using AK 47s in the last 10 years, and how many crimes were committed using 9mm handguns?

(Yes, I know the answer, but apparently, Obama does NOT)

yeahYeah

imported post

the AK is the image of evil guns... a pistol is a pistol, but the AK is an evil black gun capable of spraying bullets and killing lots of people.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

I'm all for keeping AK's out of the hands of criminals. Just let me know when it's actually possible to do that. :banghead: :quirky

Toymaker

imported post

yeahYeah wrote:
...which in liberal talk means an AWB. AK's are not the gun of choice for criminals.

Originally Posted by Barack Obama The reality of gun ownership may be different for hunters in rural Ohio than they are for those plagued by gang violence in Cleveland, but don't tell me we can't uphold the Second Amendment while keeping AK-47s out of the hands of criminals.

You Got It!

Assault Weapons Ban II. This time there won't be a sunset clause.

The liberals have a strategy and AK-47s are just the poster child of a broader scheme.

If DC get's away withtheir ban onsemi-auto handguns (not likely) it will embolden the liberalsin their attemptto ban alldetachable magazine fed firearmsfrom normal sales to citizens in the next AWB. This is why DC did what they did. They know that what they can get away with in DC willaffect how the Heller decision is interpreted nationwide. So....theyfigured: what do they have to lose.

It's good that Gura slapped a 3.5 million dollar cost onto the next lawsuit. Now they have something to lose.

Also, if Obama wins the Presidency, the next Congressional elections will become extremely critical.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yeahYeah wrote:

I'm getting pretty damn sick and tired in general of him telling me not to tell him stuff. If I were around in him in real life, the next time he said, "Don't tell me..." I would have to yell, "Stop! Just STFU!! I AM going to tell you something. IF you would STFU and actually listened to people who have had a real job, owned businesses, made payroll, paid business taxes, defended their family's lives with a firearm you MIGHT start getting a clue about how wrong you are on about everything."

But since I am not likely to get that opportunity, I'll just talk to you guys. :cool: I agree that the AK-47 is just their poster child to represent everything except small caliber revolvers, single shot hunting configured rifles and 3 round limited long barrel shotguns. Everything else they will attempt to eliminate.

compmanio365

imported post

Notice how Obama's campaign of "change" has fallen apart around him......more and more people I talk to are starting to see Obama as just another gun grabbing, liberal democrat who is interested in one thing only: power.......power for himself and those close to him. It's all about what HE wants.......screw everyone else. With the new VP on the Republican ticket, I think the dems are going to be hurting going into the actual election.......I'm crossing my fingers there is still some sanity in this country, anyways....

AnaxImperator

imported post

I'm wondering if Obama's new AWB will include a grandfather clause, or if he'll go straight for gun-owner jugular. I wouldn't be surprised if he does, and I won't be surprised if the reaction he getsis a lot different from the one he's expecting. Think ATF/FBI's Waco experience... only nationwide.

compmanio365 wrote:
Notice how Obama's campaign of "change" has fallen apart around him......more and more people I talk to are starting to see Obama as just another gun grabbing, liberal democrat who is interested in one thing only: power.......power for himself and those close to him. It's all about what HE wants.......screw everyone else. With the new VP on the Republican ticket, I think the dems are going to be hurting going into the actual election.......I'm crossing my fingers there is still some sanity in this country, anyways....
We'll see.... Every Hussein Obama supporter, and even non-Hussein Obama supporters who just hate Bush, are still clinging onto the "Change" tactic. They have no idea what "change" means, only that they want Bush & his policiesout and their own special interests in.

I think a lot of Americans see that Obama's campaign is based on nothing but abandoning traditional American values and national security, but I also think race is going to count for a lot more than honest values, economics, and security. So far I've talked to many minorities (read: blacks & women), and 98% of them have said they're going to vote for Obama simply because he's not white and Michelle is going to be the realVP, not Biden.

McCain & Palin are likely to swing a lot of women voters who were previously in Hillary's camp, but there's still that hatred of Bush. IMHO there's a lot of Americans who are simply politically retarded and have no concept of how government works. Bush served his two terms, how in the hell is he going to keep his policies in effect? McCain & VP Palin certainly aren't going to maintain them, so there's a big part of the "change" the loonies are gunning for.

Armed

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
IMHO there's a lot of Americans who are simply politically retarded and have no concept of how government works....
HA! Now, THAT has got to be one of the most true statements I've heard in a long time! Thanks for the laugh :lol:

like_the_roman

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
Bush served his two terms, how in the hell is he going to keep his policies in effect?  McCain & VP Palin certainly aren't going to maintain them, so there's a big part of the "change" the loonies are gunning for.

Whenever I hear somebody say this, it makes me want to do this: :banghead:

People seem to forget that GWB has largely maintained Clinton's foreign and domestic policies. There hasn't been "real change" in Washington since Reagan.

AnaxImperator

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
AnaxImperator wrote:
Bush served his two terms, how in the hell is he going to keep his policies in effect? McCain & VP Palin certainly aren't going to maintain them, so there's a big part of the "change" the loonies are gunning for.

Whenever I hear somebody say this, it makes me want to do this: :banghead:

People seem to forget that GWB has largely maintained Clinton's foreign and domestic policies. There hasn't been "real change" in Washington since Reagan.
If Bush had maintained Clinton's foreign policy, we would've; A. sent in a couple cruise missles targeted at some empty Taliban & Al Qaeda training camps, or B. did nothing while waiting for NATO & the UN to 100% back us in an invasion. As for domestic policy, well.... Bush would've at least not let Clinton's AWB sunset. Neither have given a flying **** about the borders.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That won't be necessary. Diane Feinstein has done her part to make wood scary, too!

feinsteinAK47.jpg

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Gentlemen, keep in mind that owning an AK-47 is not an easy thing to accomplish. First, you have to find one made before 1986. Then you have to fill out and submit a fairly extensive application to the BATF. Once approved, which can take months, you pay a $200 transfer tax, then purchase your rifle.. which ain't gonna be cheap.

These are fully automatic rifles and are therefore class 3 weapons. Not something you will commonly find at your local gun shop.

cccook

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Note Diane Feinstein's bugger hook on the bang switch of an AK47 in a crowded room. That's somebody I'm going to be listening to... from a very great distance, or behind good cover. :arrow: Exit stage right... rapidly.

unreconstructed1

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Gentlemen, keep in mind that owning an AK-47 is not an easy thing to accomplish. First, you have to find one made before 1986. Then you have to fill out and submit a fairly extensive application to the BATF. Once approved, which can take months, you pay a $200 transfer tax, then purchase your rifle.. which ain't gonna be cheap.

These are fully automatic rifles and are therefore class 3 weapons. Not something you will commonly find at your local gun shop.

not all AK-47s are NFA. you can buy plenty of semi auto models.

unfortunately, to the gun grabber, there is no distinction between a full auto, semi auto, bolt action, or single shot. in one way or another, the gun grabber will ensure that they are all "assault weapons"

like_the_roman

imported post

AnaxImperator wrote:
If Bush had maintained Clinton's foreign policy, we would've; A. sent in a couple cruise missles targeted at some empty Taliban & Al Qaeda training camps, or B. did nothing while waiting for NATO & the UN to 100% back us in an invasion.  As for domestic policy, well....  Bush would've at least not let Clinton's AWB sunset.  Neither have given a flying **** about the borders.

Clinton sent troops over to a dozen countries - Somalia, Rwanda, Macedonia, Ecuador, East Timor, Liberia, Albania, the Congo, Gabon, Sierra Leone, the Sudan, and the former Yugoslavia in about 44 different military operations. The military was only deployed 8 times in the previous 45 years. Clinton makes most presidents, including GWB, look relatively peaceful by comparison.