• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shopper Shoots Gunman Outside Wal-Mart

c45man

imported post

great article, but the police captain's not so brilliant comment about citizens should not into shootouts with robbers. In this case the citizen did not have a choice, the robber brought the fight by shooting at victim first.

GaOwlPoop

imported post

It is just to bad that the victom didn't have a bigger caliber weapon and put an end to the "good boys" criminal carrer permently.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

c45man wrote:
great article, but the police captain's not so brilliant comment about citizens should not into shootouts with robbers. In this case the citizen did not have a choice, the robber brought the fight by shooting at victim first.

That's what I was thinking , exactly. How dumb can the captain be, to not see the shopper was fighting back, not getting into a shoot-out. If he had not had a gun, he would have been defenseless, and probably been killed.

This is EXACTLY the reason for carrying in the first place, because by the time the police would have gotten there, he would have been dead already.He just doesn't get it!!!