• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

September 11th - 6 PM Barbeque

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Rotary park in American Fork on Sept 11th 6pm-ish

Link

The red shaded area is OFF LIMITS to non permit holders. Plan accordingly.

Bring your own meat and a way to cook it. Bring something to share.

If anyone want's to volunteer to bring some general items like drinks, plates, and grills, it would help.

I'll bring a grill or two.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Given some new info about the school property line, I've updated the map... Please check it out and note that it is not expert or legal advice... The pavilion still looks to be ok, just don't go too far West of it.

yo101jimmy

imported post

Lions park is a few blocks south of there out side the 1000 feet but no bath rooms and all the ones in Lehi I found are no tree covers or inside of a school zone.

Or Robinson park its north of the school looks like its well out side the 1000 feet
And it has pretty good coverage on trees as well

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

yo101jimmy wrote:
Lions park is a few blocks south of there out side the 1000 feet but no bath rooms and all the ones in Lehi I found are no tree covers or inside of a school zone.

Or Robinson park its north of the school looks like its well out side the 1000 feet
And it has pretty good coverage on trees as well
Robinson park is within 1000 feet of "the community preschool"

Lions Park is ok.

I still vote for Rotary Park... No worse than Sugarhouse was. Just stay clear of the West and North sides of the park and we will be fine.

ScottyT

imported post

If that building we can partly see is the pavilion, it looks like we have about a 30 foot buffer zone to the west.

Maybe we could could up a little humorous signs marking the boundary:

"Easy targets beyond this point."
"Caution! Government mandated 'No Civil Rights' Zone"
"Defenseless sheep beyond this point."

etc....

All it would take are paper plates and wire hangers -- and no, I am not volunteering to make them!

yo101jimmy

imported post

ScottyT wrote:
All it would take are paper plates and wire hangers -- and no, I am volunteering to make them!
:lol: just kidding I edited ScottyT! :)

Come on I will help with this one that would be great! anyone know where I can get police line don't cross?

ok maybe not the police line but hey!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

ScottyT wrote:

etc....

All it would take are paper plates and wire hangers -- and no, I am not volunteering to make them!
That would be freaking awesome, and it would prove a point!

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
ScottyT wrote:

etc....

That would be freaking awesome, and it would prove a point!
Remember Scotty, when you give an idea, tradition holds that you just volunteered to organize!

ScottyT

imported post

Maybe everyone could bring one or two? Does anyone have one of those measuring wheels? The ones you can just walk off the distance on?

One of these:
measuringwheels.jpg

41 Magnum

imported post

I'll be there.

One thing I can do If you guys want-

My brother is an officer with AFPD. I could have him pass the word along so if/when they get MWAG calls they'll know what's up.

We can tell them to just show up hungry I guess.......:lol:

Carpet475

imported post

I'd like to attend. I may need to be at the airport that day to get a dog.:monkey

But if the flight comes in on the 12th or earlier in the day on the 11th, we'll be there.

b1ack5mith

imported post

kevin... how DARE you make friends with obama lovers! ;)

on a totally unrelated matter, i got my shirts in today that say "Another small town, religion-clinging, gun-toting AMERICAN who's voting for John Mccain"

:D

p.s. carried my gun in midvale today, no encounters, but it is pretty gh3tt0 over there lol