• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

September 11th - 6 PM Barbeque

ScottyT

imported post

Can't make it! Sorry! The wifey made other plans before this and I really need to go with her.

Oh well, you should have all the Utah County guys out at least!

yo101jimmy

imported post

well it ended before 8 but I think it was fun! for sure the last out side meeting for the year. well of course not the camping trip!

It was great to meet some new faces

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Enjoyed it again....
Missed a few folks though...

What do you mean "most folks have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off....
I don't, my wife doesn't, and most of the folks that work where I do don't....

LOL

JoeSparky

Reread your post and saw my error... you were telling us that your days off were F, S, and Sunday.

My days off are Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.... :p

Utah_Patriot

imported post

hey it's okay I ment to say I am at work and my days of are Fri,Sat,Sun sorry for the misunderstanding glad everyone had fun. Any LE experience's or reaction sorryI missed it would love to hear how it went thanks

Zach

41 Magnum

imported post

Sorry I didn't make it guys. I ended up teaching hunter education last night at Cabelas. The other instructor I work with had things come up so I had to take last nights class for him. (I found this out at 5:55 and class started at 6:30).

Hope those that attended had a good time.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
hey it's okay I ment to say I am at work and my days of are Fri,Sat,Sun sorry for the misunderstanding glad everyone had fun. Any LE experience's or reaction sorryI missed it would love to hear how it went thanks

Zach
I didn't even see a police cruiser. Another group did usurp OUR pavillian but they were leaving by 6:30.... after we sat at the NW corner and walked past them to the South parking area they beat a hasty retreat. I don't think they talked with any of us.

I tried to talk my brother (LEO)into joining us even incognito but he tells me after reading some posts that some of us are fanatics and just looking to sue officers. I guess I have some more work to do here....

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

pitythefools wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:

Zach
I didn't even see a police cruiser. Another group did usurp OUR pavillian but they were leaving by 6:30.... after we sat at the NW corner and walked past them to the South parking area they beat a hasty retreat. I don't think they talked with any of us.

I tried to talk my brother (LEO)into joining us even incognito but he tells me after reading some posts that some of us are fanatics and just looking to sue officers. I guess I have some more work to do here....

JoeSparky
Did your brother elaborate on how he formed the opinion that we are fanatics looking to sue officers?

Seems like a typical close minded cop.
Refer to the bolded and Italizised portions above. Please realize that I have gone on MANY ride-alongs with him and NEVER have I seen him react any differently on any traffic stop with a CWP holder that one who does not have a CWP. If fact on one MWAG call, he responded to dispatch asking, "What else are they doing besides standing in line at the Hamburger joint with a gun in a holster?"

Please review some of my earlier posts on this forum.

Just because he does not feel comfortable with certain members of this group is a far cry from being the "typical close(d) minded cop."

Be aware that I see some on this forum and over the toptypes and just looking to set-up law enforcement so that they can sue for civil rights violations.

Don't flame me for NOT being willing to protect my civil rights. I can choose who I want to peaceably assemble with and will allow ANYONE else the same right to assemble or NOT assemble.

JoeSparky

scorpioajr

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
pitythefools wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:

Zach

JoeSparky
Did your brother elaborate on how he formed the opinion that we are fanatics looking to sue officers?

...Don't flame me for NOT being willing to protect my civil rights. I can choose who I want to peaceably assemble with and will allow ANYONE else the same right to assemble or NOT assemble....

+1x2

brokenarrows

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
pitythefools wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
gunsfreak4791 wrote:

Zach

JoeSparky

Refer to the bolded and Italizised portions above. Please realize that I have gone on MANY ride-alongs with him and NEVER have I seen him react any differently on any traffic stop with a CWP holder that one who does not have a CWP. If fact on one MWAG call, he responded to dispatch asking, "What else are they doing besides standing in line at the Hamburger joint with a gun in a holster?"

Please review some of my earlier posts on this forum.

Just because he does not feel comfortable with certain members of this group is a far cry from being the "typical close(d) minded cop."

Be aware that I see some on this forum and over the toptypes and just looking to set-up law enforcement so that they can sue for civil rights violations.

Don't flame me for NOT being willing to protect my civil rights. I can choose who I want to peaceably assemble with and will allow ANYONE else the same right to assemble or NOT assemble.

JoeSparky
Are you sure he is not confusing us with utahconcealedcarry.com?
I have read some anti cop bashing on OCDO but it not as it is at UCC. It seems to be the national past time for some on that site. it runs amok at UCC.
I would hate to call out names.....oh no I wouldnt. But they know who they are and thats good enough for me.