• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama already mentioned gun control

DEROS72

imported post

I didn't see his whole speech but he's not even the president yet and mentioned gun control in hi acceptence speech.What happened to supporting the 2 ammendment as he said after the supreme court ruling????????? We aqre going to lose our rights if he gets elected!!!...scares the crap oput of me.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I watched his whole speech, and it disgusted me. Especially the obvious nod to gun-control. Basically, his position is that the 2nd amendment protects hunters and sportsman, but that someone who lives in the inner-city has no right to possess an AK-47 for home defense.

Too bad I didn't even start carrying a gun until I lived in the city (granted, that city was London, and I couldn't carry until I came back home). Gun control works least of all in the inner city, and short-sighted prohibitionists like Obama have a lot of blood on their hands.

DEROS72

imported post

Yep.I was reading somewhere ,that i IL. you can be prosecuted for defending your life and home with a gun.It is the victims resposibility to run away or hide.It is complete insanity in its highest form.I couldn,t stomach watching that whole touchy feely speech.Maybe I missed the part where he plans to surrender the US to the UN...

computerizedfish

imported post

Ok, I am not trying to make anyone mad here, especially anyone that posted in this topic. But, it seems that all the topics about the candidates policies are being locked and they usually just get reduced to yelling back and forth after a few posts.

I think we can all agree that McCain likes guns more than Obama (not much of a surprise) and we should probably just leave it at that.

compmanio365

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
Sadly we need to pick the lesser of two evils. McCain wants gun control too...just not as bad as Obama. Sigh what happened to Huckabee.:cuss:
Sigh about Ron Paul......Paul/Palin would have been the best ticket this country has seen in quite some time.....too bad it was not to be.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
Sadly we need to pick the lesser of two evils. McCain wants gun control too...just not as bad as Obama. Sigh what happened to Huckabee.:cuss:
Sigh about Ron Paul......Paul/Palin would have been the best ticket this country has seen in quite some time.....too bad it was not to be.
Wouldn't of minded that either....time to stock up...

grishnav

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
I know, seriously.

I'm stuck throwing away my vote on Barr. And I don't even really like the guy.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

grishnav wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
I know, seriously.

I'm stuck throwing away my vote on Barr. And I don't even really like the guy.
I think ill just go with the other box and type in elmer fudd...may be an idiot,but hey I can still hunt and own a gun:celebrate

DEROS72

imported post

I,m casting my vote for Pat Paulson................I bet Bear will remember that guy!

DEROS72

imported post

Kind of dates us doesn,t it Bear? Wonder if any of the younger guys here even know who he is.....

DEROS72

imported post

Thats all well and good that you vote for a third party that will not stand a chance.Just to make a statement.The only one on the planet that has a remote chance of defeating Obama is McCain.So those votes you throw away are fewer votes that MaCain will have to defeat Obama .My mission in Life at this point is to do what I can to give the candidate that has a chance My vote weather I like him or not.Everyone has this I hate mcCain thing going on and I can,t figure out why.At least he will keep a strong military , will keep health care privatized ( It is not my obligation to pay for health care for some one not working that can,t afford it,Especially immigrants)won,t repeal our tax cuts which Obama already said he will do ,he is pro big business which keep millions employed ,won,t trample our 2a rights like Obama plans to do.I believe it will be one of the first things he goes after if elected.I absolutley do not like either's soft stand on illegals which need to be gotten rid of.Put a bounty on them that will clear them out in a hurry.America should be like an exclusive country club I f you weren,t born American OH WELL ! not my fault.They should have to buy their way in and earn the right to be there as not to be a burden on AMERICANS .Anyway our issue on these threads is 2A ,that is common amoungst all here.We should all suck it up and vote for the one that has a chance to beat Obama or we will loose our right to bear arms.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Kind of dates us doesn,t it Bear? Wonder if any of the younger guys here even know who he is.....
I'm sure many of us know who he is. He continued his quadrennial run for president into the '90s. I have a book somewhere about his '68/'72 runs.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oh god, this thread has already degenerated into a bunch of "lesser-of-two-evils" nonsense. :quirky

What's with you Washingtonians anyway? Haven't you any guts? :p

Actually, when I think of how sad it is that you've been terrorized into voting for an anti-2nd amendment clown (I know! Let's vote against our rights so that we can preserve them!) I think the more appropriate smiley is: :cry:

t3rmin

imported post

Since I'll be judged for MY actions, not those of everyone else, and since we still can't vote AGAINST people, only for them, and because my principles haven't changed since yesterday, I still won't be voting for McCain (or Obama).

The situation and the outcome are irrelevant to the ethics. The ends do not justify the means. What good is keeping my guns a little longer if I have to sell my soul? A smaller step in the wrong direction is still... oh I give up. :banghead:

Shy_Panda

imported post

Due to the fact that we still run on the electoral college and not on a popular vote system (thank God) a vote for a third party is the same as a vote for McCain in Washington. I take more into account than just the 2a when I decide who to vote for and I don't want to have to settle for the "lesser of two evils" when I could just as easily vote my conscience and feel like I wasn't just violated at the polls. I don't like voting for someone who I feel has stabbed me in the back like McCain did when his illegal immigrant amnesty bill went down in flames due to public opinion. Right after his "I have heard the American people" line what did he do? He introduced another bill to give social security to illegals:cuss:, something that I won't have access to when I get old (not that I believe we should have social security anyway). It is just like President Bush said when he used the old Texan saying "Fool me once, shame on me; fool me, er... uh, you're not gonna fool me again" Take it or leave it, feel free to vote for whom ever you so choose, but as a Washingtonain where my conservative vote counts for about jack-allI will votebased onmybeliefs notbased ona party linewho has turned their back on their ideals.

Metal_Monkey

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Oh god, this thread has already degenerated into a bunch of "lesser-of-two-evils" nonsense. :quirky

What's with you Washingtonians anyway? Haven't you any guts? :p

Actually, when I think of how sad it is that you've been terrorized into voting for an anti-2nd amendment clown (I know! Let's vote against our rights so that we can preserve them!) I think the more appropriate smiley is: :cry:
Washington has no guts? hehehehehe some people have no clue;)

Thundar

imported post

marshaul wrote:
I watched his whole speech, and it disgusted me. Especially the obvious nod to gun-control. Basically, his position is that the 2nd amendment protects hunters and sportsman, but that someone who lives in the inner-city has no right to possess an AK-47 for home defense.
Ask the people of New Orleans if they think they have no right to EBRs.