Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MTN Jack arrested

Post imported post

This message is to let friends of MTN Jack know he has been arrested by The Secrete Service. Jack was open carrying with his Bible.
    One Secrete Service Officer told Jan, Jack's wife, being close to a politician with a gun on your side is illegal and trumps States rights .
    If anyone out there can help Jack, he is in Beaver, PA

thanks

Rjent1

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I always thought that we, as humans, were equal. I guess politicians are "SPECIAL".

I would like to see the LAW that says you can't carry near a politician. I don't dispute that there is , but I would like to see it.

Post imported post

Wow...this will be very interesting - please post everything you can and keep us informed.

Maybe we should contact the lawyer that handled the Jim Webb carry incident that happened in Washington DC inside the Senate! He and his guy got off with no problems.

Banned

Post imported post

Looks like he should have been an atheist.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Post imported post

I'd like to know what law was broken????

Beaver/Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I don't know any details as of yet, but it looks like our good lord was with my dad (Mtn Jack) He is being released and a close friend will be picking him up shortly. Please keep him and our country in your prayers! Lets not let Obama take our rights away. Thank you for all of your support. I'm sure Dad will update you before too long on how things went play by play...

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

MomTeacherFarmerHunter wrote:
    I don't know any details as of yet, but it looks like our good lord was with my dad (Mtn Jack) He is being released and a close friend will be picking him up shortly. Please keep him and our country in your prayers! Lets not let Obama take our rights away. Thank you for all of your support. I'm sure Dad will update you before too long on how things went play by play...
    Thanks for letting us know that your Dad's been released. I'm looking forward to hearing the details of what happened.

Post imported post

I'd like to know why he brought a bible? Such childish behavior doesn't make christians look very good, and it makes us gun owners look like idiots, if you don't mind me saying.

With that said, I hope this turns out well. The Secret Service should be a little more intelligent than to arrest someone who is clearly engaging in legal, nonviolent protest.

Edit: and yes, it's childish. We all know exactly what comments he was responding to. And showing up as the stereotypical bible-thumping gun-owner (even if that's exactly what he is) isn't exactly a mature response.

Post imported post

See if there are any sympathetic local media. Arrested and releasedin one day? Sounds like MTN Jack should also look into filingsuit for false arrest,violation ofConsitutional rights, etc.

Good on him for peacefully (I will assume)exercising his First and Second Amendment rights.

Post imported post

XD Owner wrote:
    See if there are any sympathetic local media.* Arrested and released*in one day?* Sounds like MTN Jack should also look into filing*suit for false arrest,*violation of*Consitutional rights, etc.

Good on him for peacefully (I will assume)*exercising his First and Second Amendment rights.
    I agree. Hopefully he can find a lawsuit in all this. The Secret Service do not have some magical power to disregard civil rights, nor to create laws.

Post imported post

I'm glad to hear he's already been released and is on his way home. While it may be tempting to have him share the whole story here or on the PAFOA forums, he probably shouldn't until he talks to a lawyer. The OC movement in PA rivals the one here in VA, and I know he'll have local support there as well as national support from the folks here.

I hope it all works out.

This appears to be the story:

edited to add link:
    http://timesonline.com/articles/2008...2890214530.txt

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

Post imported post

From the local paper:

http://timesonline.com/articles/2008...2890214530.txt

Man arrested for having gun at rally

By Bill Vidonic, Times Staff

Published: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:10 PM EDT
    BEAVER — An Industry man is facing a disorderly conduct charge for attending the Barack Obama rally in Irvine Park with a loaded gun that was holstered on his hip, according to state police and the Beaver County sheriff’s department.

John Noble, 50, was questioned by police for several hours Friday night after the incident, in which witnesses said he also was passing out fliers with writing about gun rights.

John Atkinson of Vanport Township said he saw Noble passing out the fliers and noticed the small-caliber handgun strapped to the man’s waist. He said he quickly notified nearby deputy sheriffs, and deputies Joseph O’Sche and Rich Yonlisky approached the man as he walked along Market Street.

Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”

Noble was hustled to a nearby vehicle, and state police took him to the Brighton Township barracks to question him.

Beaver County Sheriff George David said that Noble insisted he had a right to have the gun because he has a permit to carry it. It wasn’t clear late Friday whether Noble had a valid permit.

David said Noble “wanted to show his rights.” He said Noble never removed the gun from the holster or threatened anyone.

Noble’s arrest took place around 7 p.m., nearly 90 minutes before Sen. Obama and the rest of his campaign team arrived in Beaver.

Bill Vidonic can be reached online at bvidonic@timesonline.com.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I'd love to hear what he was arrested for.

My hunch is this was an ilegal arrest by the SS (perfect irony in that abbreviation)

Get ready to support Jack.

Post imported post

It says right in the article it was for "disorderly conduct".

John Atkinson, the little brownshirt who called the cops,clearly eats his own feces.

The best part of the article is this:
    Atkinson said that when the deputies asked why he had a gun, Noble replied, “Because I’m an American,” and one of the deputies responded, “Well, you’re under arrest.”
    Apparently, being an American with a gun is grounds for arrest.

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    I'd love to hear what he was arrested for.

My hunch is this was an ilegal arrest by the SS (perfect irony in that abbreviation)

Get ready to support Jack.
    According to the article, is was Beaver County deputies and then State Police, not Secret Service. Secret Service may have come in after the arrest, since it involved a firearm near a presidential candidate, but this hasn't been confirmed yet. I've set my Google-fu to track this

Okay, it's on MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26464328/

--RedKnightt--

Zombie Squad has it right: “We hold fast to the belief that if you are prepared for a scenario where the walking corpses of your family and neighbors are trying to eat you alive, you will be prepared for almost anything.”

State Researcher

Post imported post

I am on the phone with Jack now...

Mtn. Jack has been released.
    More later...

Post imported post

"I am an American"
    "You are under arrest"

I have rarely seen something so short and poignant in print.

Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Glad to hear he's out. Hope he gets a good lawyer.

State Researcher

Post imported post

UPDATE:

I spoke at length with Jack on the phone and we will be posting some info tomorrow (Sat).

For now we know and will release this:
    He was illegally arrested
    His property illegally seized
    He was NOT cited at the scene but was told he will be cited with at least two criminal charges.

We will update later.

Remember folks. Jack was walking through HIS town, on PUBLIC streets, legally open carrying as he does routinely any other day.

The Pennsylvania constitution does not get suspended when Obama comes to town. Pennsylvania law is not afforded some magic exemption for the false messiah. If Obama has a problem with people carrying guns he should stay out of Pa.

The PSP, Beaver PD and Secret Service committed illegal acts tonight against a fellow American citizen.

Post imported post

Guess I need to start saving vacation days and fuel perks, sounds like this is gonna end up in DC.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Glad to hear John is out of the pokey. I am also prepared to support him in any way I can, to resolve this false arrest.

The saddest thing about this "made-up" charge is that Osama wasn't even there yet, for another 90 minutes, so the carrying near a politician ********, is complete ********.

Post imported post

My understanding (I cannot quote the law) is that the Secret Service is empowered to establish a zone of protection under federal law. This is then a weapons free zone for as long as the Secret Service maintains it as such. They can also control who may enter such a zone and empower local authorities, i.e. local law enforcement, to enforce/protect such a zone.

Within that area they appear to have almost Martial Law type authority on a temporary basis.

Can any of you varify my understanding, or authoritatively dispute it?

Ken

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
    My understanding (I cannot quote the law) is that the Secret Service is empowered to establish a zone of protection under federal law. This is then a weapons free zone for as long as the Secret Service maintains it as such. They can also control who may enter such a zone and empower local authorities, i.e. local law enforcement, to enforce/protect such a zone.

Within that area they appear to have almost Martial Law type authority on a temporary basis.

Can any of you varify my understanding, or authoritatively dispute it?

Ken
    Regardless of the validity of the above assertion, is there ANY evidence that Jack was within, or attempted to enter such a "zone"?

Post imported post

If there isn't a lawsuit over this, you are part of the problem.

Post imported post

codename_47 wrote:
    If there isn't a lawsuit over this, you are part of the problem.
    Who is going to sue who for what? It would seem that under U.S. Title 18, 3065 the Secret Service, or any local LEO's that they designate, can detain anyone they deem is a potential threat to a "protectee."

This is a normal part of thier operations in preparation for a visit to any location by a "protectee."

Ken

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast