• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breakfast - Richmond

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Saturday, August 30th, 9:30 A.M.

IHOP - Midlothian Blvd. (Rt.60) next to the Virginia State Police Headquarters

Yata hey

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I must say - I would love to be there, however, the trip there and back up 95 will be more than I can handle after a 10 hour shift... maybe if it was closer... :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

joeamt wrote:
I must say - I would love to be there, however, the trip there and back up 95 will be more than I can handle after a 10 hour shift... maybe if it was closer... :banghead:
Appreciate the interest. You are living in an area (NOVA) with a large number of dedicated enthusiasts/activists. Watch the Va. forum and you will see postings about dinner meet-ups and occassionally breakfasts too.

We welcome one and all: spouses, gf/bf, children and where appropriate pets.:D

If you're ever in the area, I'd be happy to meet you and share a meal.

Yata hey edited for typo

AbNo

imported post

Huh, I didn't know it was IHOP policy to follow state law. :)

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/IHOP.pdf

On June 19th at 4pm, I received a call from Mr. Michael Auerswald. He is the district manager for this area. "That manager overstepped her authority. IHOP policy follows State law. It is absolutely not IHOP policy to prohibit our customers from carrying firearms. I am shocked that I have to deal with something like this. I am personally traveling to Clovis, NM to handle this situation and will be there on Thursday. That manager will either follow IHOP policy or find another job. We [I take that to mean IHOP] took that location over in November to fix some problems. This most certainly was not one of those problems."
Well, I'll be enjoying the next time I go there a little more.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Man I wish we could be treated this way by all businesses. For a guy thats not into firearms he sure is on our side.:) I'll have to eat at IHOP more often.

Infidel

imported post

hlh wrote:
Armed wrote:
Grapeshot - are you still going to breakfast this morning?
He would be most certainly! He and Skidmark are dedicated breakfast eaters... :lol:

Yes breakfast was good, and so was the company. And HLH you guessed it, they where both there as I was with my son in tow. And I got to another (as I am also) Newb OC'er; RiverRat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Thoughly enjoyed breakfast with the group. Service and food were both great.

Welcome to RiverRat, hope we answered some of your questions.

Infidel, you and your son are now card carrying members of the ROCBC and entitled to all rights and privileges thereof.

Skidmark - looming he was not, loquacious he was.

Armed - sorry I missed your post - by one minute no less! hlh was right.

SFDoc - next week maybe? We missed you.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Someday Grapeshot!

It was too wet to work at the farm and went sailing instead.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Someday Grapeshot!

It was too wet to work at the farm and went sailing instead.
Promises, promises. :) There's always Leesburg.

Aaaawk - sailing! An affliction for which there is no cure. Some temporary relief found only through jibing and running full.

Yata hey

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

does anyone live close to montclair or woodbridge? i would like to have a breakfeast at either Harold & Kathy's or Montclair Family Rest. Or even Waffle House works for me...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

joeamt wrote:
does anyone live close to montclair or woodbridge? i would like to have a breakfeast at either Harold & Kathy's or Montclair Family Rest. Or even Waffle House works for me...
Recommend that you start a seperate thread not that you aren't welcome to post here but few people outside of Richmond are going to view this thread.

Simply click on "New Topic" at top right when in the Viginia section. Make your title refer to "Woodbridge Breakfast" or similar and I bet you get some response.

Good luck - breakfasts are generally smaller and more conducive to getting to know your contacts personally.

Interesting side benefit in my experience has been excellant positive contact with some of the public that want to know more about firearms/permits/carry laws etc.

If you are ever in the Richmond area, give me a shout - will meet you and break bread almost any time in the 24 hr span.

Yata hey

zoom6zoom

imported post

Grape, isn't that the IHOP location where we were treated so shabbily after our range night back in February? (For the others, it had nothing to do with our guns... the waitress didn't want to serve us because she was tired).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Grape, isn't that the IHOP location where we were treated so shabbily after our range night back in February? (For the others, it had nothing to do with our guns... the waitress didn't want to serve us because she was tired).
The same. Gave them another chance and found a waitress named Jan - same as another of well known local fame. She is a character but highly efficient one - never writes anything down, even for 5-6, and gets it all right - never an empty cup either.

Choose the location for proximaty to new attendee. Since Jan normally works Sat. days, we took a chance and it worked out well.

Yata hey

Infidel

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The same. Gave them another chance and found a waitress named Jan - same as another of well known local fame. She is a character but highly efficient one - never writes anything down, even for 5-6, and gets it all right - never an empty cup either.
Choose the location for proximaty to new attendee. Since Jan normally works Sat. days, we took a chance and it worked out well.

Yata hey

never an empty cup either.

Yeh cause got up and chased after her to fill the pot!:)