• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governer or state police?

Seif5034

imported post

Has anyone attempted to contact the Governer or the Department of Public Saftey of Mississippi? They must be contacted via phone or snail mail but that might be a thought. Especially the governer because he is a person of importance. If we were to ask him why the state laws are contradictory he might have it looked into.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I bet you would get a better repsonse from these people if the request came from a state legislator. Perhaps you could talk to your legislator and ask him to inquire of these people.

Seif5034

imported post

...figured as much. What do we need to do to get them to pay attention to us? Protest at the capitol? :banghead:

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seif5034 wrote:
...figured as much. What do we need to do to get them to pay attention to us? Protest at the capitol? :banghead:
Has anyone even tried to do it the traditional way? By getting a friendly legislator to handle it? Thats one of the thingsthose guys are for. Why beat your head foolishly against the wall trying to do something that is going to fail when there is a way that offers a good chance of success if you are only not to stubborn to use?

Seif5034

imported post

I haven't but If nobody elsehas in a year I'll contact one after I move south. I don't think our contacting a legislator would make much sense since we don't live in Mississippi

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seif5034 wrote:
I haven't but If nobody elsehas in a year I'll contact one after I move south. I don't think our contacting a legislator would make much sense since we don't live in Mississippi
your chances of getting someone interested in the issue greatly increase if you are actual residents of Mississippi.

Seif5034

imported post

Well, I'm moving to Mississippi in about one year so I'll do what I can once I'm down there. (since I won't be old enough for a CCW and want to carry)

Is there anyone in Mississippi that would be willing to find a legislator in stead of waiting a yearfor me tostart?

Seif5034

imported post

I Emailed a bunch of attorney members of the house of reps of MS asking them for their help on the issue so we'll see if they can do anything for us. Although it's just an email and a plea for help. Easily ignored.

imported post

Seif5034 wrote:
Well, I'm moving to Mississippi in about one year so I'll do what I can once I'm down there. (since I won't be old enough for a CCW and want to carry)

Is there anyone in Mississippi that would be willing to find a legislator in stead of waiting a yearfor me tostart?
Try Greg (?) Snowden.
It's a longshot, but he SOUNDS slightly openminded, unlike most of his counterparts.
While you WILL find lots of NRA-type hunter advocates, NONE of them will be keen on the concept of open carry.
It's a shame the practice of tar and feathers isn't still in vogue.

Seif5034

imported post

yeah I sent him an email. I'm praying that one of the people I emailed will actually read it and realize that the laws need corrected