• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise Foothills

idahomilitia

imported post

Did anyone notice that in 2005 the signs in Camelback Park in Boise that prefaced every trail said "no firearms" and now they say "no discharging firearms?" WhenI first moved to Idaho, I noticed these signs and knew instantly that they had no legitimacy whatsoever as Idaho state law pre-empts any local ordinance.I talked first to the Boise City legal department and they had no interest in discussing the subject but they got me in touch with Ms. Heins (forget her first name) who was in charge of city signs and their contents. She was unaware of the problem but promised immediate action. Within 30 days those signs were changed to a rule that we all can agree on: "no discharging of firearms."

All this to say, a little community involvement can sometimes produce wonders. I love the feeling of having moved here and within my first year single handedly changed the face of Boise (ok so that's an exaggeration) but also realize that we still live in a great state that shows deference to liberty and is responsive to its people.

So next time you hike up in the foothills OC-ingand you see the signs, you can thank that militia nut who made a couple of phone calls and got those signs changed.

You're welcome!

BrianEMT

imported post

They are within every right to limit the discharge of firearms in any area they please, particularly the Foothills area due to large amounts of dry grass, same reason that fireworks are not allowed in that area.

But having those signs changed as such is good for our cause. :)

Hiredgun30

imported post

even if there are no discharge signs, you still can discharge in self defense though..

that reminds me,,
anyone going to the annual hyde park street fair on september 17th thru 19th.

everyone should bring their families and OC..

anymore info check boise weekly.

BrianEMT

imported post

Hiredgun30 wrote:
even if there are no discharge signs, you still can discharge in self defense though..

that reminds me,,
anyone going to the annual hyde park street fair on september 17th thru 19th.

everyone should bring their families and OC..

anymore info check boise weekly.
Are you going to be going? Perhaps we can set up a meet time...